Show Your Projects Chapter 25

Klayton

well don't do it like that. ROR is an anomoly in the way you work with it, keep that in mind when working with torque. i'm willing to bet 90% of how you think work should be done will be wrong for anything but ROR

in fact, i see you're treating the bus stack as one object.  treat every car as a seperate prop, it'll be easier to work with that way

Yeah I'm figuring that out now. I'm just sorta trying to teach myself, but I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Edit: Im working on a new track. Should come out really cool. Using terrain editor  :D

• Upvote 1

The projects all look great as always, been wondering how long till we had INDY.

Is it me or do the test models for the new engines look cartoony?

Any way ill throw my .02 in on the conversations...

The fully modeled stadiums do indeed look awesome , and I appriciate the. ork that goes into them, however I feel its a pointless endeavor to go that far with something and leave it in a completly bare boring surrounding... I understand this is the catch 22 That leads to lag. If the new engine helps go for it, but if not... just remebrr those of us with weaker machines and continue with fps and non fps versions

L. this community is mre or less built off of RACING these events. It will always be the racers who keep this going. The detail is awesome but to be successful you HAVE to remeber that we're not made of money and have way better things to burn a few hundred on than a new pc just to race the new tracks with.

Even back in mtm2 days we lost a ton of racers when Dave's PPRL dropped the vert limit rule simply because their comps couldnt handle the detail of. 1600+ verts in a 10yr old game...

Keep in mind ive been in this since Mtm1 I have watched every mtmer here grow up from Fookie to pro along with countless others who have moved on to tother things... you have to put the racers first if you want to survive

• Upvote 1

The projects all look great as always, been wondering how long till we had INDY.

Is it me or do the test models for the new engines look cartoony?

Any way ill throw my .02 in on the conversations...

The fully modeled stadiums do indeed look awesome , and I appriciate the. ork that goes into them, however I feel its a pointless endeavor to go that far with something and leave it in a completly bare boring surrounding... I understand this is the catch 22 That leads to lag. If the new engine helps go for it, but if not... just remebrr those of us with weaker machines and continue with fps and non fps versions

L. this community is mre or less built off of RACING these events. It will always be the racers who keep this going. The detail is awesome but to be successful you HAVE to remeber that we're not made of money and have way better things to burn a few hundred on than a new pc just to race the new tracks with.

Even back in mtm2 days we lost a ton of racers when Dave's PPRL dropped the vert limit rule simply because their comps couldnt handle the detail of. 1600+ verts in a 10yr old game...

Keep in mind ive been in this since Mtm1 I have watched every mtmer here grow up from Fookie to pro along with countless others who have moved on to tother things... you have to put the racers first if you want to survive

Now that I thought about it, I understand the point of making lower res tracks. I think we should try to make it user friendly. BUT if we are calling this a "simulator" we should also have higher res versions of all the tracks. IF we moved to a new engine, that problem will be non-existing because how terrible the optimization is on Ogre3D. This newer technology is the best thing for our chances at creating a very realistic simulator. YES it takes more to run than RoR, but the optimization issues will be no issue at all. I am VERY excited to continue to work with this new engine. I keep discovering new things about it every day and it will better the experience for anyone interested in Monster Truck Simulation. Now we just have to wait for BeamNG.  :P

• Upvote 4

attachment.php?attachmentid=2460&d=13739

>cartooney

anyone who says that BeamNG is anything but a direct and inevitible upgrade to OGRE is simply wrong. there is no argument and there is no compairson. Torque is faster, better looking, easier to work with, more modern, more fun, with more features and is just simply BETTER in every possible and conceivable regard. anyone who says otherwise simply has no idea what he's talking about

oh and lag is a buzzword. if you lag in OGRE with V4, you're on a pentium II from 1993, that's your problem and not the fault of a 60 tri stadium.

i've used torque, i tried making a game called Torque: in it (which named before i picked the engine), i stopped because i realized that to get it done it needed stuff i couldn't do, namely loads of code and the scope needed piles of content i couldn't produce on my own.

point of it is, i know of what i speak, torque is a direct upgrade in every possible regard, and anyone who says otherwise is talking out of their ass and straight into a megaphone