World Record Jump

bigfoot4x4

I heard he is going to use the same ramp. I personally frown upon this, because he is relying on the ramp for the jump rather than himself. Bigfoot uses the smallest ramp possible, but let's not create an argument.

All the power to him, hope he stays safe.

• Upvote 3

I agree, bigfoot just points and shoots. Then agin hes also being safer about it.

Bigfoot knows what they are doing. I went to the Indy Jamboree last year, they took a practice jump, a speed run, changed how the suspension was set up, and then another speed run before ever hitting the ramp at the planned speed.

All long distance jump records currently held are done with a take off ramp and landing pad. Why should Monster Trucks be any different? Guinness does not care about the ramp used, all they care about is the total distance travelled from take off to landing.

• Upvote 3

Honestly if he used the same ramp after all the controversy, then that's kind of lame IMO. Bigfoot did the jump with a tiny ramp and took the stiff landing, which in my eyes is much more impressive. I'm happy for Joey and the Bad Habit team, but they should have done the same setup as Bigfoot.

There are zero limitations nor does Guinness require the use of the same style of ramp. Joey just went with the most conventional layout that almost every aspect of long jump record's are held with. Was Bigfoot's distance attempt more impressive? certainly, but in turn used the most prehistoric way possible.

There are zero limitations nor does Guinness require the use of the same style of ramp. Joey just went with the most conventional layout that almost every aspect of long jump record's are held with. Was Bigfoot's distance attempt more impressive? certainly, but in turn used the most prehistoric way possible.

ya I agree, what would be cool would to have a event held at indy jamboree for a jump off or do a show somewhere and have bigfoot and bad habit compete on the same day and same ramp, could even have some of the admission $ donated to charity....