Monster Truck goes over crowd

Edy

the way he hit it doesnt matter, if he hit the other direction there are still people on the other side, the fact that they let people be on the track not even 10 ft from a jump is the issue,

I see/hear now. FIrst time I watched the video was with no audio. 

First USE COMMON SENSE, this without a doubt could have been avoided PROMOTER. Btw the death count is now at 8 plus another 80 are injured - here is a link to a new article that was in the paper today: http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/4143697-monster-truck-crash-in-mexico-kills-eight-injures-dozens/ anyway I'm not sure whether he was knocked out or mechanical failure or what. But i'm somewhat glad it wasn't feld that was doing the promoting - can you imagine what they would do the the safety?? a truck would go near out of bounds and be shut off... keeping in mind that they killed a guy in Tacoma and then injured a guy in Toronto awhile back.

No... I really doubt that was monster jam. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was a different promoter.

EDIT: Just remembered i know of two promoter incidents. One with Samson (?) one with Crushtation, neither of them were FELD to my knowledge.

The Tacoma incident involved a piece of the drive shaft flying into the stands and killing a spectator. That was FELD

The Samson incident caused the death of announcer George Eisenhart and that was Monster Nationals

The Crushstation incident was similar but the person involved survived and that was CFP

All I'm going to say is that there was zero safety there for the fans. The promoter claims to have "tried" to control the crowd on the side of the performance area where the truck ran into, but obviously there was no effort there. The people down there are mesmerized every time they see a monster truck even move 20 feet in reverse, so having one run over three cars is outstanding to them. A monster truck is a crowd-drawer, ESPECIALLY down there; with that being said, the only concern at that point would be money and entertainment. As you could have clearly seen, there was ZERO safety involving protecting the spectators from the performance area, and because of that, when the driver "got drunk and hit his head and made the throttle stick", the fans were put into a situation where there was nothing to do but run and attempt to avoid it. Yes, it may be an old monster truck that was here back in the 80's, but an RII system should have been in place, as it always is at every monster truck event here in the United States. Even though Mexico may not have the latest in motorsports rules and technology, there should be an international system set-up to where the can be a set group of technical inspectors in a set amount of countries, and those inspectors should go to these events to check and make sure it's safe to run. Just my two cents.