Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

Marc600x250_NEWS.jpg

So with Marc McDonald in El Toro Loco for this years World Finals, where does that leave Lupe Soza? Will FELD do just like what they did with Grinder at the previous World Finals, Marc McDonald in racing and Lupe Soza in freestyle?

I think with how the Jacksonville field was with both the Black & Yellow bulls, Lupe might be driving the orange El Toro. Maybe Becky makes the Big 32 in the yellow

I've noticed that there's a year that's as good (or slightly worse) as the last, and then it gets better.  Imo this pattern goes all the way back to 2006.  2007 was about as good as 2006, 2009 was slightly worse than 2008, 2011 was slightly worse than 2010, 2013 was about the same as 2012.  And now it's improved again.  (This is just one slightly wacky guy's opinion, apologies if it makes no sense).

I honestly disagree, 2013 was generic in all honesty. 2014 has honestly been one of the best years in recent memory IMO

Everyone sees things differently, I personally have been unimpressed and disinterested basically up until this weekend.That is not to say there has not bee some gleaming positives but I suppose it could be my jaded self getting bored with following this sport for so long. But then again if you are going to have the tagline "as big as it gets", you kinda expect more.

I am on the same page with jdshark, Danny, and Outlawed, it has followed that pattern through my eyes too, and I feel that 2014 in many ways has been an improvement on 2012 and 2013 which, as Outlawed stated, the whole thing seems generic, but I have seen some improvement. I am not as excited anymore, because it's all about flying high all the time. I miss back when the cars were crunched by trucks, not construction vehicles. That kinda ruins it for me. Also the trucks aren't as challenged to get over the obstacles and it's gotten out of hand. I'm sure with new track designs in the coming years we will se different kinds of action.