Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

Seems like a few people were disappointed with freestyle, no offense to Ryan but if this was the winning run that disappointment might be justified.

That was by no means a "horrible" freestyle. It was a good run with a variety of hits and, as usual with Ryan, great momentum. But it was most certainly not worth a 36, and if that was really deserving of the winning freestyle, then the wow factor of the show must have lacked. From what I heard, it was a solid event, which is always good. But, nowadays, with what Monster Jam sets for themselves, this event is just another one for the books.

Honestly the track just didn't seem to be built that well. I like the creativity for racing, but freestyle wise it just didn't seem that spectacular.

I watched all the runs on Youtube, and to be fair most of the trucks had solid runs, but that's what for the most part they were: solid. Some highlights here and there, but just... average really. 

Monster Jam have set themselves up to have their fans expect to see either a save or a wreck almost every run. When the fans do not see that, the show is labeled as "lackluster". The runs were solid, as you said, and the event was solid as a whole. It just wasn't the normal, crazy, flip/save every run that people want to say, which is why there is so much negativity surrounding it. 

I don't like tracks that are too cluttered for the space given. For racing in East Rutherford last weekend, there were too many reference cars out there. I understand that the cars will prevent from trucks colliding on the finish jump, but trying to avoid them just created more issues. It's a matter of working out the bugs.

I don't like tracks that are too cluttered for the space given. For racing in East Rutherford last weekend, there were too many reference cars out there. I understand that the cars will prevent from trucks colliding on the finish jump, but trying to avoid them just created more issues. It's a matter of working out the bugs.

I think for more open stadiums like National Stadium,Edward Jones Dome,Super dome and some others this racing style would be perfect for it because of how open it is. I agree it does look cluttered but they obviously have bugs to iron out if they choose to use it for the future.

• Upvote 1

Old body with a replaced rear maybe? That or it's just a decal placed on the back. I'm sure that body's expensive to replace, even if it isn't as intricate as Batman or Dragon.

It's just a decal. Oh, and here's a better picture of it that I took:

10464222_836575523036857_775022667311112

So Kreg Christensen finally got his team's Facebook fan page fired up, and here's the profile picture with some rather interesting (yet not really surprising) information:

10460678_1446319968951926_75122876080899

You can go check out his team's Facebook fan page here.

So Monster Jam is doing sort of an Australian "Path of Destruction" with three stops in October:

http://www.monsterjam.com/News/2014/06/24/2/

And that's only the First Stage according to the Monster Jam.com Headline. A few trucks have tenitavly been released as well on ticket pages.

Linsey's New Crusader Chassis:

f40420a6-36df-48c0-a058-7b54eb638116.jpg