Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

David Beazley is driving Walking Tall tonight.

EDIT:

Randy Moore and some others have been working on this beaut lately, including suspension tuning, engine rebuilding/tuning, and other things. Basically a complete refreshing of the truck. There's a plan for a crack at the speed record soon, and there might be a chance of this truck making it into competition depending on the state of the shocks.

10577010_10203845405089156_1510496505566

That looks amazing! Hopefully that truck gets into competition. If it does, who would drive it?

this is how you do a one time scheme properly

10448712_785516008166017_319808443999788

That paint job looks sweet! I really hope that scheme shows up again soon.

That looks amazing! Hopefully that truck gets into competition. If it does, who would drive it?

Shane Phreed drove it the other day. Made one jump and practically blew all of the shocks out. It needs a major suspension overhaul. The Kings just flat out suck now.

I have never seen a reservoir blow up length wise ever, to say these shocks needed an overhaul is an understatement. They need to be overhauled the F off this truck.

10632717_10203867111231796_8015903946168

What on earth? Does anyone know how much pressure was in those shocks? I don't think I have ever seen a shock cylinder break like that.

Yeah, like Kozak said, I've never seen a reservoir literally split vertically. It's something new for me to see. The shocks have always been set up to run on the drag strip, so as soon as it took that first jump, that was it. Shane had played around with the shocks before taking the jump, but now they're toast. King shocks are great for their convenience of ride height set-up, but that's it. Their shock shafts are thin and suck. That's why I prefer Overtime for coil over shocks and PEI or Racesource for straight nitrogen shocks. Also, main reason why Adam Anderson sold his King shocks was exactly because of the fact that the shock shafts were breaking and bending like crazy.  

I have never seen a reservoir blow up length wise ever, to say these shocks needed an overhaul is an understatement. They need to be overhauled the F off this truck.

10632717_10203867111231796_8015903946168

HOLY SH*T! That is incredible. I need to see a vid of this truck in action to see what happened.

Does anyone have footage of E-foot from Honesdale? I saw a video of racing on Facebook but I can't seem to find it.

Only footage I ever saw of it was it racing Bad News Travels Fast in the semi-finals on Facebook. I've still yet to find video of it racing XDP.

I have it on my phone

Dammit Elmo, upload it then!

EDIT:

Philadelphia, PA Monster Jam line-up:

Grave Digger driven by Dennis Anderson, Spider-Man driven by Bari Musawwir, Monster Mutt Dalmatian driven by Candice Jolly, El Toro Loco driven by TBA, Team Hot Wheels Firestorm driven by Scott Buetow, Captain's Curse driven by Alex Blackwell, Black Stallion driven by Michael Vaters, and Overkill Evolution driven by Mike Vaters Jr.!

And Trenton, NJ Monster Jam will be on Saturday, December 27th and Sunday, December 28th. Interesting date selection for the kick-off of Q1...

Philadelphia, PA Monster Jam line-up:

Grave Digger driven by Dennis Anderson, Spider-Man driven by Bari Musawwir, Monster Mutt Dalmatian driven by Candice Jolly, El Toro Loco driven by TBA, Team Hot Wheels Firestorm driven by Scott Buetow, Captain's Curse driven by Alex Blackwell, Black Stallion driven by Michael Vaters, and Overkill Evolution driven by Mike Vaters Jr.!

And Trenton, NJ Monster Jam will be on Saturday, December 27th and Sunday, December 28th. Interesting date selection for the kick-off of Q1...

Hopefully the people at Wells Fargo Center will move in the bottom first 6 or 7 rows of the arena so that the monster trucks can have more space to perform on.

Also, December 28th is my birthday. So not only will I be going on Saturday December 27th, it also looks like I will be seeing monster trucks on my 20th birthday!

• 2 weeks later...

So Dixie Speedway line up was released:

Iron Outlaw

Bounty Hunter

Gunslinger

River Rat

Heavy Hitter

Get Er Done

Robo Machine

Quite an interesting line up, and one that's really mixed it up after the last couple of years. If I was a betting man I'd guess that Trent would be in Bounty and Nate would be in Outlaw. Darren will probably be in Get Er Done, but I dunno who'd be in Robo Machine.