Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

Updates from Wildwood, NJ

-Steven Thompson will be driving Black Stallion this weekend since Michael Vaters' mother passed away earlier today.

-The track still has a lot of water on it, but it's expected to be bone dry come tomorrow night at 7:00pm.

-It will be S-course racing, but the turns are tighter than a nun, so there won't be any fast drifting this year in racing.

-All monster trucks will be on display tomorrow morning at select hotels/motels and will parade down Ocean Avenue a few hours before show time tomorrow night (7:00pm).

I just read the news about Mike's mom, a sad thing to hear indeed. Hopefully Steven will drive the wheels off of Black Stallion in her honor (I know he is definitely capable of it).

I'm leaving tomorrow at 1:30pm right after i'm done automotive school. I'll be arriving in Wildwood, NJ hopefully at about 4:30pm.

Is there a big sand hill on the track where we might see a repeat of Jim Koehler's launch from 2011?

Is there a big sand hill on the track where we might see a repeat of Jim Koehler's launch from 2011?

There is a sand hill, but it's literally just a hill. About the same height as ThunderMoto's finishing plateau, but there's no flat top. It's up, and then sloped down. No middle part.

Updates from Wildwood, NJ

-Steven Thompson in Black Stallion was the fastest qualifier last night at the qualifying show

-Summit Racing Bigfoot #18 blew an input shaft right off the line

-Equalizer was having some engine issues (might be running a bit lean, not too sure)

-The water really affected the first turn in the S-course since everyone (including the tough trucks) were forced to drive through it to make a legal pass 

-The second jump on the first straight-away on the S-course has insane angle, and is pitching the monster trucks and tough trucks very high in the air

Well our great friend FELD posted the drivers for Mexico City after the event, yay 

Grave Digger driven by Pablo Hauffaker

El Toro Loco driven by Chuck Werner

Max-D℠ driven by Neil Elliot

Monster Energy driven by Colton Eichelberger (Any idea who he is?)

Captain America driven by Frank Krmel

Wolverine driven by Jim Lehnertz (Any idea who he is? Over here too)

Grave Digger The Legend driven by Adam Anderson

Zombie℠ driven by Linsey Weenk

El Diablo℠ driven by JP Ruggiero

Team Hot Wheels Firestorm driven by Scott Beatow

Went to second show, pretty good show to be honest  :)  Took a total of 228 pics with my non-profesional camera ;) (Planning on buying some new stuff)

Anyways here is a pic (flickr is being a *offensive word* to me so yeah it will take a while):
15211116818_dd2460b94d_c.jpg 
(Original size on photography thread soon)

0 Rollovers, they did 2 trucks at the time for wheelies. El Diablo won that.

Only 8 trucks ran racing. Winner was Neil and Max D winning over Legend

"Obstacle Course" well know as Maniac Challenge was taken by Lindsey and Zombie

Freestyle was ok i guess, Pablo and Digga won that.

Took video too, so will see when i upload that.

By the way Lindsey was running his new chassis on Zombie

Frank was running Cleatus chas on Captain America

I think Wolverine was using the one Pablo used on Vegas...

MN was in Damon's chas

Any questions...? Fine ask them if i don't answer is because i don't know or i don't care or because you are someone i hate a lot