Show Your Projects Chapter 34

Mjamfan22

EDIT: It slipped my mind that I posted this on the Monster Truck SYP, totally my bad.

With the movement in recent years to go to full tube chassis, purpose built race motors and drivetrains (transmissions and transfer cases), and coilover and/or nitrogen shocks, mega trucks have pretty much become the pro-stock class of monster trucks; and with that being said, I personally have no problem with mega trucks being posted in here. Matter of fact, I'm pumped to see folks starting to get into the sport more and wanting to build their own RoR versions, and even more so when there's a league supporting the use of mega trucks. I personally think it'll be a big breath of fresh air into the community, just as the influx of leafers has gotten some folks who had long left the community to come back and race again. Speaking of mega trucks, you should be seeing something from me soon in that regard too; to put it simply, Bad Dawg's little brother will finally be let out of his incredibly large cage. ;)

Oh, and to help clear up any confusion about the cradle on Avenger, here's a pic of the new cradle that was taken just after all of the fabrication was completed.

1962102_862210170471606_6958911520915073

Pic was taken by Cory Rummel (driver of Spike Unleashed), who also was the guy that fabricated said new cradle. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, and to help clear up any confusion about the cradle on Avenger, here's a pic of the new cradle that was taken just after all of the fabrication was completed.

1962102_862210170471606_6958911520915073

Pic was taken by Cory Rummel (driver of Spike Unleashed), who also was the guy that fabricated said new cradle. 

It was after Toronto that the cradle got some real bad damage to it, and after Vegas, that's what did it in completely.

• Upvote 1

Here's a little sneak peak of my newest project  :D

gaithersburgpreviewnew_zpsa84f7ff5.png

And I'll throw this is there just because 

Gaitherburg2013bakedirttest_zpsd346b66e.

So if anyone can help me out with the black ramps on the bake (I have a topic in help and support) I might release a few more sneak peaks and maybe release it :o  

• Upvote 3

So WF15 Avenger is getting closer and closer to release day thanks to Jon Cannon for helping me with the body and managed materials. Here's an update with the lexan and new chassis, AwesomeKong 13 is responsible for all chassis work/construction :)

Judging by the 2nd pic, those tires will never hold any air. ;)

And those black spots are basically the shadows of the ramps above the ground. If you made the ramps on a separate mesh from the ground, hide that layer and see if that does it. Other than that, I'd just use those as guides and paste the textures I wanted for the ramps over the black areas. Just my $.02