Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Dustin's winning run in Houston. Honestly in my opinion he didn't do much at all, other than a crappy back flip.  Haven't seen any other runs from this show but if this won than it must have been a disappointing freestyle... 

Dustin's winning run in Houston. Honestly in my opinion he didn't do much at all, other than a crappy back flip.  Haven't seen any other runs from this show but if this won than it must have been a disappointing freestyle... 

good run in my opinion, good momentum, saves, air, backflip to cap it off. was it a 24 truck field winning run? guess it was.

digger from miami, i think he did better than legend with reer steer issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaEQTwrLb0g

So I'm gonna write about my Columbus experience here, Because there are some issues I want to talk about from that show

First off I'd like to say the show in whole was a great There were some great wheelies, Zimmer and Mcdonald had amazing freestyles. 

But now to the issues at hand. First off in the wheelie competition, you could see that it was either fan scoring, or feld was just being dumb. Dalmation had the worst wheelie attempts..Yeah the worst. and somehow she won with a 25, when Digger stood vertical on 3-4 attempts, and scored a 10-10- and a freakin 4? Marc got something like 10-8-6 he had better wheelies than candice did, Zane rettew had better wheelies and got a 23. It was outrageous. 

Moving onto the donut comp. THE DIRT WAS WAY TOO TACKY!!!! Everytime someone tried to spin a donut they'd hook and either 1: Stop (Most of the field did that) 2: Roll it (El Toro did that) or 3: Make a cool save (Digger) which ultimitly got digger the win. ONE GUY GOT A DONUT STARTED!!!! Zane Rettew. AND THEY SCORED HIM A 14!!! My head was in my hands at this point. 

Now onto freestyle. Normally I'd blame the track for this kind of thing. But when I saw Rettews run, Balhans run, Marcs run, and Zimmers run, I thought, were the rest of drivers even trying? Really the other 4 drivers competing literally came out and rolled over everything. This part of the rant however I'm gonna leave instigator out because I understand if he took it easy for the equipment to hold up for the next show, or shows after that. but the rest of the feld drivers I was ashamed of what they did. 

I understand the track is something new. Drivers, and people at feld motorsports watching these events are still taking notes on how to improve, I respect that. But there are notes to be taken from this event and I hope they see it in this sort of light. 

I also want to mention the crowd was rather small compared to prior nationwide arena events. 

One last thing, Greg Whitacre is a great National Anthem singer. Just saying.