Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Maybe I should have gone to the Saturday show this year.

Also Iron Outlaw and Bounty Hunter got called up from Albany for today's show. Apparently Shell Camino died on Saturday and couldn't get started again. Not sure if there's another truck that won't be running today, which would explain both of them showing up.

10548081_10204418178273284_1547123149905

• Upvote 1

he only runs single tie rods where most trucks run doubles. Honestly i don't know why there'd be any reason to NOT run doubles at all, doesn't really make sense to me at all

Ryan runs a single and still hammers the piss out of it though, but then again he rarely lands like that. If Donald's truck could hold up he would be an amazing freestyler

he only runs single tie rods where most trucks run doubles. Honestly i don't know why there'd be any reason to NOT run doubles at all, doesn't really make sense to me at all

It's not necessarily a matter of running a single or double tie rod set-up. It's because of the heim joints that are screwing him up. Donald's already trashed 4 heim joints in the last three weekends because of awkward landings. Yes, a double tie rod set-up might be good for when the bottom one breaks a heim joint, the top can still act as the steering regulator and vice versa, but Donald is on such a tight schedule that having to get new steering knuckles made up to accommodate two extra bars just ain't worth it (at least I don't think it is). 

But blame it on the heim joints. Each tie rod is still good, it's just the heim joint peeling apart and screwing everything up.