Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

I disagree, hard to keep any moment because you have to nearly come to a dead halt every turn, I know that sounds like typical arenas, but with the new tracks its even worse

I don't want to spark an argument here... but having been to a #MoreMonsterJam show, I really don't know what you are talking about. The new tracks, with numerous more hitpoints (12 ramps on the outside on the obstacle) and their multiple angles made runs, and momentum vastly superior to the previous arena show's I'd been to. 

For example, Morgan's run on Saturday, the only part when momentum was an issue, was after a bigger jump than I'd ever seen at Freedom Hall (Save possibly Jeremy Slifko in 2010) and a save. The other runs didn't really have a lot of coming to almost dead stops unless it was a newer driver, or an instance where they'd gotten to far outside, which really happens at any show, even giant stadiums.

It's all subject to opinion, but the #MoreMonsterJam track looked amazing to me, and the video's of prior weeks shows have really proven it to me.

As far as I can see, Monster Jam arena tracks this year are better than anything anyone else has done at this point. Whether it be #MoreMonsterJam or regular arena shows.

Agreed, although I prefer racing over the obstacle course. 

Welp. San Diego is confusing.

10533994_10153008558735833_5979260161875

Is it just me or is Petco Park smaller than Qualcomm?

I like the black rims on the retro one though. Makes me haeppy rivr raet.

I'll admit the more normal Bigfoot (ChalkboardFoot as they call it. Jesus Family Events, give it a rest) does look a tad odd with the black rims but Retrofoot.... 

I honestly like them more on what looks like #14 and #15 (The Trophy Truck and Chalkboard) than on Retrofoot. But of course that is my personal opinion.

I don't want to spark an argument here... but having been to a #MoreMonsterJam show, I really don't know what you are talking about. The new tracks, with numerous more hitpoints (12 ramps on the outside on the obstacle) and their multiple angles made runs, and momentum vastly superior to the previous arena show's I'd been to. 

For example, Morgan's run on Saturday, the only part when momentum was an issue, was after a bigger jump than I'd ever seen at Freedom Hall (Save possibly Jeremy Slifko in 2010) and a save. The other runs didn't really have a lot of coming to almost dead stops unless it was a newer driver, or an instance where they'd gotten to far outside, which really happens at any show, even giant stadiums.

It's all subject to opinion, but the #MoreMonsterJam track looked amazing to me, and the video's of prior weeks shows have really proven it to me.

Freedom Hall has been the best MMJ show so far for sure. But as for Hampton and Des Moines it really lacked momentum big time. And as for the new arena tracks outside those, like Columbus. They didn't get as much air as previous years, and adding a donut comp was completely unnecessary due to the fact that Columbus's dirt is EXTREMELY TACKY. It was rather disappointing to be honest. 

That Southaven track is IMO better than what I've seen so far from MJ arena wise. I know Monster Jam is still tuning their tracks and I respect that, its not all gonna come together in a flash. But there is definitely room for improvement. 

Also those black rims, huge boner

Well to be fair the arena shows in regards to the poundsign moremonsterjam have ramped up quite spectacularly in terms of excitement. There have been a handful of things that have occurred that previously was thought to be impossible to accomplish in a small venue. While I still hold my stance that the ATV/UTV racing should have nothing to do with getting a spot at the World Finals, they have turned out to be more entertaining then I thought they would originally be. The big picture of things is that the sport in a whole feeds of each other in terms of promoters vision of a good show. I mean the Toughest Monster Truck tour was doing obstacle course racing with more of a emphasis on freestyle obstacle before FELD decided to do it. And now you can even see the Bigfoot 21 video that Toughest Monster Truck Tour is starting to mimic FELD's obstacle layouts with the center stack being made into more of a dirt table top. The end result is a better show for the fan so it is a win win either way in my eyes.

• Upvote 1