World Finals XVI Discussion

Klayton

It is possible for the World Finals veterans that are not in the top 4 in the FS1C series because they are fan favorites no matter what happens, particularly Jim Kohler in Avenger, who says he will be in the WF this year but will not get the guaranteed spot. Charlie Pauken, Steve Sims, Donald Epidendio will too.

I posted this in the a different thread and Danny had a good response. 

"Don't know if this has been brought up, or if anybody has noticed, but I'm gonna predict all the drives from the championship series will be in Vegas. Mainly because drives like Sims and Koehler will be in Vegas whether they win or not, and looking at the list of drives, most are past World Finals competitors or drivers fans have been wanting in Vegas for years."

Danny H. 

"Personally, I'd be pretty livid if War Wizard, Thunder 4X4 or Bad News got in the finals. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad drivers but they're far from Vegas material. I'd love to see Titan back to get redemption, and I think Steven has Chris Bergeon Syndrome from 2004-2008 by that I mean he seems to go too big too fast, other than in Tampa of course but still he needs to get a better balance. The skill and guts are there, but it's not as well harnessed as it needs to be"

In my opinion, I think that Jim Bendzick & Thunder 4x4 should compete at the World Finals or at least Young Guns. The guy has been putting in consistent performances throughout the Championship Tour that have been scored fairly high (Yes, I realize that the judges were most likely biased and uneducated newer fans), and should be rewarded for them. Brandon and Darren should at least make Young Guns, as well as the leftover #MoreMonsterJam drivers. Also, I know it was hit on a few posts back, but do you think that after qualifying, only the top X drivers would get to race, and they'd do some sort of obstacle course or something?

I'd personally rather see more independents go to the Young Guns than the MoreMonsterJam drivers who don't make the top two.  Other than Coty, Beckey and Dalton, no one else deserves to be there this year in my opinion.  I'd rather see Buddy Tompkins, Roy Pridgeon, Brandon Derrow, Trent Montgomery, Mike Harper, Eric Swanson, Darren Migues, and then a few FELD drivers.  I just feel like the independents deserve it much more, but of course FELD will throw in most of their drivers and once again leave out some really talented up and coming independent drivers.  I'd love to see Kevin King and Zane Rattew in the Young Guns but I just feel like they couldn't hang with the rest of the competition (mostly based on the trucks drivetrain).