Happy Easter!

Connor Richardson

Religion offends me. A bunch of self righteous do gooders who think you are wrong and going to hell just because you have a different point of view. Poeple who refuse to concider overwhelming evidence in favor of undocumented feel good stories that they think actually happened and use it as an excuse to percecute and deny human brings of basic rights offend and disgusts me.

• Upvote 1

Religion offends me. A bunch of self righteous do golfers who think you are wrong and going to hell just because you have a different point of view. Poeple who refuse to concider overwhelming evidence in favor of undocumented feel good stories that they think actually happened and use it as an excuse to percecute and deny human brings of basic rights offend and disgusts me.

+1

Just today while the wife, child and I were visiting my parents for this so called holiday my dad brings up a Muslim guy from work in conversation, and my mom begins to explain why she doesn't like Muslims because the persecute Christians. Oh the irony. Yet Christians persecute homosexuals, unwed mothers, and every other religion. Hypocrites.

"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Nice sentiment, but do you think when Jesus comes back, he's gonna want to see a f***ing cross?

Maybe that's why Jesus hasn't show up yet. He's up there in Heaven going "Dad, they're still wearing crosses I'm not going. No, they totally missed the point...

...Alright, I'll go back as a bunny, but...""

Well, now I'm offended. First of all believing that all Christian  people are self righteous hypocrites is the same ill conceived opinion that all Islamist are all suicide bombers that want to kill everyone, it's only the extremists you ever hear about.
Second, Christians do not deny human rights,The only times that has occurred was the old testament, before the life of Christ. We are to love others as our own despite color, race, straight, gay, Islamist, racist, or atheist. 

Third, you can have all the evidence you want, and there is still the possibility you can be wrong, and as for undocumented, this site has a character limit.

I have gone to church since I was eight years old, have I ever persecuted anyone about a different view, or a difference of religion, or sexual preference,or forced my religion on anyone?  I don't like to jump up and down and yell at everyone about my religion and tell everyone how much I disagree with them, but someone saying something as simple as "happy Easter" does not warrant a response like that, that's as silly as getting in a fist fight over someone saying 'Merry Christmas".(don't get me started on that)

At the end of the day, I as a Baptist Christian believe in God, you as an atheist do not, and we live in America were it is you right to have your own beliefs, and your own views, and I respect that.

Now that this has turned into a rant/argument thread I should stop, but I hope you and your family had a wonderful day being together.

• Upvote 10

Well, now I'm offended. First of all believing that all Christian  people are self righteous hypocrites is the same ill conceived opinion that all Islamist are all suicide bombers that want to kill everyone, it's only the extremists you ever hear about.

Second, Christians do not deny human rights,The only times that has occurred was the old testament, before the life of Christ. We are to love others as our own despite color, race, straight, gay, Islamist, racist, or atheist. 

Third, you can have all the evidence you want, and there is still the possibility you can be wrong, and as for undocumented, this site has a character limit.

I have gone to church since I was eight years old, have I ever persecuted anyone about a different view, or a difference of religion, or sexual preference,or forced my religion on anyone?  I don't like to jump up and down and yell at everyone about my religion and tell everyone how much I disagree with them, but someone saying something as simple as "happy Easter" does not warrant a response like that, that's as silly as getting in a fist fight over someone saying 'Merry Christmas".(don't get me started on that)

At the end of the day, I as a Baptist Christian believe in God, you as an atheist do not, and we live in America were it is you right to have your own beliefs, and your own views, and I respect that.

Now that this has turned into a rant/argument thread I should stop, but I hope you and your family had a wonderful day being together.

Couldn't have said it better