Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Well since the page has a lot of Mark List, why not keep the hype train rolling. He is your winner of Round 1 of the East Coast Amsoil Series!

284893_10153789713955833_136057116685891

Damn does the blue NEA look so amazing

12468217_694593740678025_845786795_n.jpg

For those who want a Digger vacation Dennis is letting fans rent his summer home full of Digger memorabilia

945891_10153328521893575_787396921459825

Not even one show with the BKTs and JR crashes Xtermigator

10600361_928800930539111_849824956999073

And finally the BOK Center soon exploded after this photo as this much badass could not be contained by walls

1425552_10156359472510223_32365239339961

Edited by Charlie H.

To be honest, the black shock covers and exhaust, makes it look like Metal Mulisha's chassis. I'm not sure though

If that chassis goes anywhere it will be to the recycling bin, it has had a hard life. I also came across some more images of Mark's ETL and it is a gen 2 CRD so it is either brand new or was a 1-2 year old hand me down.

So independant drivers not use it? Or is my knowledge of trucks using it not that good?

Honestly there was not much interest in it since FELD just wanted to sweep the whole Tacoma incident under the rug and move on from it. Kind of like Ryan injury during the WF XIII and their fix being to add two more roof to main rail supports. They do their changes discreetly.

Another angle of Basl's NEA, surprise no one has said anything but them running ukraine tires.
993876_10100606544417634_152396681005162

Edited by Outlawed

Im sure that the ukraines on the basl's trucks is going real well with feld.  

I want to say somewhere in the Feld/USHRA truck guidelines/rule book that Monster trucks in their events couldn't have drive shaft blankets, thus were effectively banned making them a useless investment for most teams. 

From an old mayhem post by a tech official ( want to say it was Jim Ursini) in 2009

"as per our officials school recently, you will not be permitted to run the blankets at FELD shows. It makes it impossible to see if there is a drive shaft or loop malfunction with the blanket on.'"

Edited by Stephen Hopkins

Tulsa was great! I went to the 7:30 PM show. Brianna won overall champion for the night(I also fell in love with her). NEA did not run the entire show for some reason. Also I was the one who reported Daddy Dave!! Here was my row from left to right: random family, my friend, me, empty seat, Toms daughter, Toms wife, Tom Meents, Colton Eichelberger, Joey Sylvester, more

empty seats, some girl, Daddy Dave. Unfortunately I had no chance to talk to any of them. Brianna took a nasty spill on her ATV, i have a video on my Instagram(chevrolet_power if you care) her and Cole hit and her ATV kicked up and knocked her off but she was all good. I sent her the video so it might be on her fanpage too. Also the yellow Maxd has a orangish tint to it in person on the roof and such that's hard to see in person in certain light and even harder to see in pictures 

Edited by NitroMenace

Im sure that the ukraines on the basl's trucks is going real well with feld.  

They had BKT's last year so not entirely sure what the dealio is there.

As for the driveshaft blankets, I would rather have the piece of mind know the entire driveline wrapped in a kevlar blanket (that was made with the intent of it being removed and installed quickly with no issues). Your going to tell me that techs can spot a safety loop failing from the stands on a truck? Most of the time they spot a driveshaft failure it is because the truck loses power to the front or rear or there are sparks from it. Having it hidden behind a blanket might make it a guessing game if the lost of power was from internal components of the axle or the driveshaft but I could live with them shutting trucks off in that case regardless. With the delay in RII's for trucks that have rolled over trying to "recover" back onto all fours they were allowing last year, you cannot tell me that having the undercarriage of a truck pointing at you with the driver buried in the throttle is a comfortable feeling.

What happened in Tacoma?

At the Tacoma show in 2009, a driveshaft loop? flew out of Natural High and unfortunately killed a kid and injured his dad. 

Here's a few links to some videos on Youtube about the accident if you want to watch: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiW-U1_Mpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StBbxYYH68o

Edited by TheTruckGuy