World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

overall tonight was amazing, history was made a lot of times

first ever reverse back flip on a rear engine truck

Adam wins racing after being over 8th place in qualifying

Adam is the 2nd person EVER to have more than 4 championships he has now won more than his dad. Adam now a 5 time champ

28 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

thats gotta be a eerie feeling knowing the ramp was not working but still having to hit it. also shout out to colton for doing constant jump laps as everyone failed the forward momentum front flip

that probably explains the crush cars it stopped the flaps from going foward

Neil almost had it rotating it mid air, I was worried about Tom Meents though or who ever it was driving the original Max D I thought he was going to land on his roof

Edited by Jon Cannon
Merge
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaxen said:

I mean, you can obviously see that they are disapointed as love and that its NOT what they wanted.

Also, Bari knocking down Neil and Tom, WTF!! So much unexpected stuff! Thats epic.

I loved every single upset that happened throughout the night.  I was REALLY hoping that Justin Sipes would upset Son-uva Digger.   Bari making it to round 3 was unbelievable, as well as seeing Jim Creten getting knocked out in round 1

I have to admit the encore wasn't bad its just that we could visibly see that there plans went up in smoke and that isn't great considering the scale of everything with this being one of the last encores in vegas and it was the 15th anniversary of aruguably one of the most important trucks in monster jam history.

1 minute ago, Wave said:

I loved every single upset that happened throughout the night.  I was REALLY hoping that Justin Sipes would upset Son-uva Digger.   Bari making it to round 3 was unbelievable, as well as seeing Jim Creten getting knocked out in round 1

I know right? 

But I kinda understand why Jimmy Creten lost. Jimmy just isnt as good as before. He's a bit like Jimmie Johnson; Still somewhat good, but nowhere as good as they used to be, and much slower than before.

1 minute ago, Wave said:

I mean I was not suprised with Jim losing ive been saying that his truck is fast but when he makes it to the turning cars he will F up because of his setup

17 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I AM LITERSALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW. HOLY CRAP. Neil landed it last year though. I feel like it was a little lackluster tho. Feld is redeemed after this. This is absolutely ridiculous. I hope that black one competes now.

IT'S FKN LIT SALLY

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Vaxen said:

I know right? 

But I kinda understand why Jimmy Creten lost. Jimmy just isnt as good as before. He's a bit like Jimmie Johnson; Still somewhat good, but nowhere as good as they used to be, and much slower than before.

7 minutes ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

I mean I was not suprised with Jim losing ive been saying that his truck is fast but when he makes it to the turning cars he will F up because of his setup

Yeah but I mean Jimmy Creten was relatively consistent in some recent parts of his FS1 stadium tour, so I was a little bit taken back by the fact that he didn't make it to at least round 2.  

I had little to no hope for Jim to make it very far at all, racing just isn't his thing.  If I were to guess, his truck is purposly set up to favor freestyle because he knows he can go crazy.

6 minutes ago, Wave said:

Yeah but I mean Jimmy Creten was relatively consistent in some recent parts of his FS1 stadium tour, so I was a little bit taken back by the fact that he didn't make it to at least round 2.  

I had little to no hope for Jim to make it very far at all, racing just isn't his thing.  If I were to guess, his truck is purposly set up to favor freestyle because he knows he can go crazy.

I like Jimmy, but with his poor performances, I dont think it makes sense for him to get invited. Colt Stephens deserved the spot, not him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wave said:

Yea I do agree that he's gone downhill lately.  I have a strong feeling it was only because Bounty Hunter is a popular name in Monster Jam.

I feel exactly the same.  Although you should not put popularity over skills, and it annoys me.