Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

New Weston, Hagerstown, and Stafford Springs have all been added to the list of Upcoming Shows.

Also, the lineup announcement that everyone has been waiting for has finally been announced; the trucks competing in Australia this year are...

• Grave Digger
  • Monster Mutt Dalmatian
  • Dragon
  • Max-D
  • El Toro Loco (Color TBA, but looking at the Australian website, probably Yellow)
  • Zombie
  • Pirate's Curse
  • Monster Energy
  • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
  • Alien Invasion

Gonna rate this year's lineup a 6.5 out of 10 for the following reasons:

• This year's lineup only has 10 trucks. Are they only going to Perth this year?
  • It is very interesting, but it doesn't have a few trucks that absolutely deserve to compete in Aussie; Son-Uva, Mad Scientist, and Scooby.

Also, R.I.P David Knisey.

Hobby grade RC giant Traxxas is sponsoring the Monster Truck Destruction Tour.

160511-TMTDT-HPB-desktop.jpg

There will also be full size versions of their X-Maxx, Craniac and Skully trucks.

traxxas-mtd-traxxas-trucks.png

I'm interested to see if Traxxas will have new MTD related products. I know Bigfoot has some big stuff lined up with the company later this year as I spoke with Jim Kramer earlier this year.

On 5/12/2016 at 3:25 PM, Gabe2304 said:

Hobby grade RC giant Traxxas is sponsoring the Monster Truck Destruction Tour.

So they stole a pic from a Monster Nation show to use for their advertising material. Classy.

Edited by Jon Cannon

On 5/12/2016 at 5:45 PM, Charlie H. said:

I'm not surprised. They're two steps from being a Steve Quercio show and I can't wait until the entire tour is just Bill Payne trucks. 

Wait, its more than Bill Payne trucks?? lol i kid.. cant forget the legendary Quick trucks.. 

On 5/8/2016 at 3:46 PM, TheDude said:

Supercross ran in Rice-Eccles from 2009-2013, and Monster Jam has never ran there, it has always been in the Vivint Center (used to be Energy Solutions). Based on this, I don't think there will be new shows for Monster Jam, but hopefully I'm wrong because I would love to finally have a stadium show in Utah.

I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. Monster Jam ran at Rio Tinto Stadium (a fairly large MLS stadium for those not familiar) for one show probably like 6 or 7 years ago. By all accounts, it was not worth going. If I recall correctly, the stadium told Feld/LiveNation (can't remember if they'd sold MJ yet) that they needed to go easy to make sure that they didn't tear up the grass, so the officials were very trigger-happy with the RII. I also read that the attendance was not great so I doubt they'll come back.

3 minutes ago, UtahGuy123 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. Monster Jam ran at Rio Tinto Stadium (a fairly large MLS stadium for those not familiar) for one show probably like 6 or 7 years ago. By all accounts, it was not worth going. If I recall correctly, the stadium told Feld/LiveNation (can't remember if they'd sold MJ yet) that they needed to go easy to make sure that they didn't tear up the grass, so the officials were very trigger-happy with the RII. I also read that the attendance was not great so I doubt they'll come back.

Found some event footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTnhjNtigN8

9 minutes ago, bkelley said:

Thanks for posting that. Probably should've looked into it instead of relying on what I remember of an 8-year old MonsterMayhem thread. I don't really see the drivers going easy. It just seems like typical stadium freestyle for the time. Either way, there are a lot of empty seats in that building... It's actually worse than I remember.

1 hour ago, UtahGuy123 said:

Thanks for posting that. Probably should've looked into it instead of relying on what I remember of an 8-year old MonsterMayhem thread. I don't really see the drivers going easy. It just seems like typical stadium freestyle for the time. Either way, there are a lot of empty seats in that building... It's actually worse than I remember.

I remember that show, they did a pooty job of promoting it beyond the area, I mean there was no mention of it on their website, and nevermind that the event was held midday (as far as I know it was the only show, it wasn't like El Paso where there's a day and night show) and that it was in summer so it was probably hotter than hell

That Rio Tinto Stadium show wasn't officially a "Monster Jam" event technically.

I'm guessing it was a Live Nation produced show that the soccer club or stadium did the marketing for. Looked like it had a decent line-up & good track.