Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

43 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

You must've not been around during the Ken Stout days because Mark, at least IMO, was a serious downgrade from Ken. He was probably the best commentator of the modern era (post 2000)

i mean i really liked ken alot but i understood why he left since he was the comentator for lucas oil on the edge but i really enjoyed mark when somebody did something amazing and mark got worked up about it i kinda thought that was funny, i do miss ken also he was good and i wish that they brought him back since they dont have lucas oil on the edge anymore

26 minutes ago, maxdman said:

I'd have to agree.  When they brought Ken back in the booth (the actual television booth for the Atlanta Live show, not some place in a studio where they pretend to actually be at the event) That was the best combination they've had.  Scott and Ken in the booth calling the live action, and Mark in the pits giving a more technical approach to everything. 

double post sorry but do you have a link to the atlanta live show i know that they had it on youtube but i cant find it

I really loved how Ken gave good pointers when a run would get at a boring part of it, because Mark IMO was a very good commentator because of what he knows of the trucks, but he just keeps talking more about the trucks and less about the run. I asked Mark, while at the WF getting his autograph this year, "Are you going to commentate again?" He said, "I might sometime in the future, but it was getting boring after a while." Idk if he just didn't want to commentate or he contact ended when SPEED channel canceled. Idk, it's a weird system.

1 minute ago, Hagan Moskau said:

I really loved how Ken gave good pointers when a run would get at a boring part of it, because Mark IMO was a very good commentator because of what he knows of the trucks, but he just keeps talking more about the trucks and less about the run. I asked Mark, while at the WF getting his autograph this year, "Are you going to commentate again?" He said, "I might sometime in the future, but it was getting boring after a while." Idk if he just didn't want to commentate or he contact ended when SPEED channel canceled. Idk, it's a weird system.

i hope that he comes back but they should have dennis when he retires next year but i doubt he would say yes to it

1 minute ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Well, who doesn't like them! We're talking about Monster Jam from 2003-present.

Darn, just one year off! Anyway, in that case, Ken Stout and Scott were the best.

Wildwood lineup:

Bigfoot
Snake Bite
Avenger
Brutus
Crushstation
Lumberjack
Equalizer
Hot Tamale (returning?)
And the 9th spot will be in memory of Maxie Broaddus left blank, whether or not this will be permanent I don't know. I do know there will be a new title instead of "King of the Beach" once again in honor of Maxie since IIRC that Wildwood win was his last competition 

Oh and that "Monster Trucks" movie trailer was released. It's tresh, it's every bit as tresh as I imagined it would be. Can't wait for every YT and IG result to be of this poo pile.

1 hour ago, Charlie H. said:

Wildwood lineup:

Bigfoot
Snake Bite
Avenger
Brutus
Crushstation
Lumberjack
Equalizer
Hot Tamale (returning?)
And the 9th spot will be in memory of Maxie Broaddus left blank, whether or not this will be permanent I don't know. I do know there will be a new title instead of "King of the Beach" once again in honor of Maxie since IIRC that Wildwood win was his last competition 

Oh and that "Monster Trucks" movie trailer was released. It's tresh, it's every bit as tresh as I imagined it would be. Can't wait for every YT and IG result to be of this poo pile.

yeah i heard about the movie whats it about i heard it has something to do about aliens 

Just now, monsterjam1 said:

yeah i heard about the movie whats it about i heard it has something to do about aliens 

I don't know, the trucks are possessed by some alien creature things and wow does the CGI look atrocious.. What's worse is the trucks aren't really even "monster trucks" they're just lifted ones. You'd think with the title they'd do more than five seconds of research but nope it'll just be another awful kids movie shat out onto cinemas to get torn to shreds by critics and hopefully bomb at the box office.

Just now, Charlie H. said:

I don't know, the trucks are possessed by some alien creature things and wow does the CGI look atrocious.. What's worse is the trucks aren't really even "monster trucks" they're just lifted ones. You'd think with the title they'd do more than five seconds of research but nope it'll just be another awful kids movie shat out onto cinemas to get torn to shreds by critics and hopefully bomb at the box office.

yeah i didnt even want to watch the trailer after looking at the description 

4 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

I do know there will be a new title instead of "King of the Beach" once again in honor of Maxie since IIRC that Wildwood win was his last competition 

I think you might be right on his last ever competition win, not sure though. I do know that he was definitely the last King Of The Beach, and the title is being renamed so he will forever be the King Of The Beach, which I thought was really really cool of them to do.