Show Your Projects Chapter 49

bkelly

6 hours ago, Aeris Syrius said:

I love it! Do you plan on releasing it? Just asking, not trying to be a bother. And is that fern's body?

I'd love to, but all I did was edit every .png of Avenger 2015, and I have not the slightest clue on what to do after that to make it it's own truck.

1 hour ago, fernBurn said:

YOURE LYING.

Like it?

1 hour ago, Aeris Syrius said:

Back on topic you say?

My Blacksmith will possibly be released tonight, if not tomorrow, because I am entering the final stages of testing.

May seem kind of ironic that I'm doing ANOTHER Blacksmith, but after how crappy the last one turned out, I figured I'd be up for a redo.

Looks pretty good, Aeris!

Edited by Jon Cannon

Just now, xyrose said:

I'd love to, but all I did was edit every .png of Avenger 2015, and I have not the slightest clue on what to do after that to make it it's own truck.

If you want, I'll see if I could work with it a little. I'll send it back to you for a release.

4 minutes ago, Aeris Syrius said:

Back on topic you say?

My Blacksmith will possibly be released tonight, if not tomorrow, because I am entering the final stages of testing.

May seem kind of ironic that I'm doing ANOTHER Blacksmith, but after how crappy the last one turned out, I figured I'd be up for a redo.

* Pic of Blacksmith

Don't release it yet, you have to work on the positioning of everything. the body doesnt even sit on the chassis man. XD. It'll make your work a million times better if you take the time to position the chassis and body.

Man, I really wish I was as good as some of u guys at making trucks, I think I'm gonna try to get on the truck making scene so I'm actually do something productive here on sm, Im learning the basics and definitely need some practice. Hopefully sometime in the future I will make some content that people will like

Just now, iZonarYT said:

Don't release it yet, you have to work on the positioning of everything. the body doesnt even sit on the chassis man. XD. It'll make your work a million times better if you take the time to position the chassis and body.

Yeah, I'm working on that now. I'm trying to get it lined up just right, but this guess, check, and replace in smv4 zip takes forever!!! I was able to position it in blender and I know it fits correctly, so all I gots to do is position it right.

Luckily I have the forum to pass the time in between.

1 hour ago, Edy said:

Nice trucks everybody!

But, there isn't any tracks, please, make a track 

PLEASE

voN4dBv.png

Dakar-Rally-2016-65.jpg

K2afPO5.jpg

I've been working on a Dakar Rally-inspired track which will have some geometrical sculptures to race around. I haven't done much terrain sculpting before, so I'm trying new things. This is only the first prototype (and a very early one at that), so it is likely to change.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Helen Weales said:

I've been working on a Dakar Rally-inspired track which will have some geometrical sculptures to race around. I haven't done much terrain sculpting before, so I'm trying new things. This is only the first prototype (and a very early one at that), so it is likely to change.

I love it.

If i may ask, how did you made the "bums" & relief?

7 minutes ago, Edy said:

I love it.

If i may ask, how did you made the "bums" & relief?

I assume you mean the terrain? I used the Sandbox tools in Sketchup, but I also tried the sculpt tool in Blender and got similar results. I need to spend more time with both, but it seems like Sketchup allows for more control while using less verts. Most likely I'll continue to use Sketchup and finish it in Blender (sizing, refining bumps, texturing, and exporting), which is typically my method for creating RoR content.

2 hours ago, xyrose said:

Like it?

there are a couple tutorials around here,i know Zonr just did one on cloning, and itll help you separate your textures from overwriting my previous ones.

but yeah man, this is my favorite Avenger paint scheme bc of its massive creativity, so im super stoked you're doing it. Nice Job

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, fernBurn said:

there are a couple tutorials around here,i know Zonr just did one on cloning, and itll help you separate your textures from overwriting my previous ones.

but yeah man, this is my favorite Avenger paint scheme bc of its massive creativity, so im super stoked you're doing it. Nice Job

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Edy said:

Nice trucks everybody!

But, there isn't any tracks, please, make a track 

PLEASE

ive got like 6 to 10 tracks that just need paint and some stadium textures. the tracks arnt in game there just sitting in blender, im affraid they might never get done let alone up loaded 

13 hours ago, Aeris Syrius said:

Back on topic you say?

the body needs Lowered so it'll be alined with the chassis, over all great truck!!!