Show Your Project Chapter 62

MarcosMCM

In case there's anyone around here that still likes to see actual progress being shown, and not just a heavily edited screenshot of a 95% completed truck (or a released link to finished truck we've only seen once), i'll do my best to bring everyone along through the process of everything i make and/or model.  ----- *not taking any digs, its just what this place has turned into. Its show your PROJECTS after, right?)

WfCaCzF.jpg

JHAxKkC.jpg

6pFYfZG.jpg\

For this mock-up, i'm using the PettiBone knuckles i used on my recently released Dumb Tough #4. Pretty much got the discs to where they look correct. Noticing that when these are released, they will not be a "one size fits all" prop, so I will have to go back and modify it to fit different knuckles correctly. Next thing should be adding bolts and once i get that done, I can throw it in game to test fitment.

Also noticed while making these to the Petti's that i have a lot of things to clean up on these knuckles. So thats on the list once these get done lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, fernBurn said:

In case there's anyone around here that still likes to see actual progress being shown, and not just a heavily edited screenshot of a 95% completed truck (or a released link to finished truck we've only seen once), i'll do my best to bring everyone along through the process of everything i make and/or model.  ----- *not taking any digs, its just what this place has turned into. Its show your PROJECTS after, right?)

\

For this mock-up, i'm using the PettiBone knuckles i used on my recently released Dumb Tough #4. Pretty much got the discs to where they look correct. Noticing that when these are released, they will not be a "one size fits all" prop, so I will have to go back and modify it to fit different knuckles correctly. Next thing should be adding bolts and once i get that done, I can throw it in game to test fitment.

Also noticed while making these to the Petti's that i have a lot of things to clean up on these knuckles. So thats on the list once these get done lol.

One thing on the Pettibones, atleast on the RKMT trucks, there’s spacers between the outside plates to space them off the center ring (which doesn’t connect up top where the bolts are) and ik they’re a WIP but also the outside plate isn’t lined up with where the top part where the bolts go. But they look awesome so far! Really cool to see details like that being added. 

2 hours ago, fernBurn said:

**snipped for it's unrelated to what I'm responding to**

I feel like if that were true you wouldn't have said anything about it in the first place, you are right that it is titled show your projects but never have we excluded nearly finished trucks or finished trucks with download links included where the only problem I've seen get valid complaints is posting multiple screenshots in an action type setting. Seems there has been a bit of ego stroking going on around these parts lately and I'll be completely honest in that reading a post like that that do indeed take shots at people whether you intend to or not was one of the reasons I stopped posting projects in the past and rarely post them today which is typically when they are near completion. The only other valid point I could see you trying to raise is someone posting any type of project only to never release it who then goes around taunting others with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RKM said:

I feel like if that were true you wouldn't have said anything about it in the first place, you are right that it is titled show your projects but never have we excluded nearly finished trucks or finished trucks with download links included where the only problem I've seen get valid complaints is posting multiple screenshots in an action type setting. Seems there has been a bit of ego stroking going on around these parts lately and I'll be completely honest in that reading a post like that that do indeed take shots at people whether you intend to or not was one of the reasons I stopped posting projects in the past and rarely post them today which is typically when they are near completion. The only other valid point I could see you trying to raise is someone posting any type of project only to never release it who then goes around taunting others with it.

Not trying to raise any idea other than that this thread has turned into a lot screenshots of basically done trucks, with captions like "my truck for this new league", "should be released this week", etc from what i see is to create hype for their truck. There's not a lot of projects where we get the chance to see them from ground 0. I have been an offender of that in the past, and i see now that it leads to a lot of new comers/experienced thinking they made a superb truck, when in fact there are many errors that could've been avoided had it been showed before they jumped the gun and released it. Example: NitroMenace just posed an alternate method to how his teams truck use them, so if he send me pictures, i can possibly avoid wasting time modeling something that isn't correct or missing a crucial component to the build.  I mean one of the lines in the description for this thread is W.I.P. Work In Progress. How does 90% of a completed truck count as  a WIP? (imo)

If its taken as a dig, then it probably applies to the person who reads it. All i said, was merely an observation of what this thread has a consisted of lately.

2 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

One thing on the Pettibones, atleast on the RKMT trucks, there’s spacers between the outside plates to space them off the center ring (which doesn’t connect up top where the bolts are) and ik they’re a WIP but also the outside plate isn’t lined up with where the top part where the bolts go. But they look awesome so far! Really cool to see details like that being added. 

So these pictures are basically what i'm basing this version tether on, which are also what i based the original Pie pans from. After using Petti's for a reference, i did see a lot of inconsistencies, so ill definitely address those. I cant exactly put together what you're saying without some sort of visual, so If you have any pictures of your guys' assembled and disassembled, send them my way!

GZ1q018.jpg

wWxNCwt.jpg

FOnVy90.jpg

I did notice that SUD's Clark knuckles was a different variation. It's a little difficult to make out exactly how they work when they're on the truck.

Jbrpp3n.jpg

Ours look similar to the last picture, but here’s a picture that have ours, kinda have to zoom but I can take a picture of our knuckles on Friday when we unload. The hard part is that honestly every team runs something a little different pettibone wise. Clark wise it’s pretty baseline PEI stuff I believe. And also every corner atleast on our trucks is different  because they all require a little different spacing lol

3F98CCA9-C674-4725-BE59-2A5287E02141.jpeg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, NitroMenace said:

Ours look similar to the last picture, but here’s a picture that have ours, kinda have to zoom but I can take a picture of our knuckles on Friday when we unload. The hard part is that honestly every team runs something a little different pettibone wise. Clark wise it’s pretty baseline PEI stuff I believe. And also every corner atleast on our trucks is different  because they all require a little different spacing lol

So for now, i suppose i'll keep the variant i have. I think as long as i have it set up in a practical manner to where it would actually hold a tire together, it should be alright, but i'll definitely accept any pictures of other methods.

29 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

Call me a short bus rider but the past month-ish has been the most interesting in terms of SYP postings in a while, but I will crawl back into my hole again....

i would agree, only due to the fact customs have ruled the pages lately and its neat to see what creative ideas people have. Other than that, like i said,  no builds, just show cases.

So ya like jazz? I mean actualprogressbeingshown,

was going to keep secret but I'm taking a shot at Pablo's OG number 5 with @TheBostonRag

GD5blender.PNG

Will be able to select what color chassis you want, (like GD3 and Sud 1) Ignore the other two they are NB export trucks

GD5stuff.PNG

screenshot_83.png

As you can see the 'Tail' on the black one is very long because it was IRL, and shorted when painted, the NB matches each chassis aswell. Still need to edit the chassis more.

File:14324505 585250908350195 4170352379984303484 o.jpg

Still need to make shocks and fix the Chassis, any thoughts, oh btw its 16 not 28.....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, rockgod88 said:

noted @Mark Iron, should be easy fix

anyways, for my progress update on 28,

@TheBostonRag and I have made up a new paint for the 'Older' version, and finished lining up props, any last suggestions? (besides headers, fixing atm)

Two things caught my eye. First, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've only seen pictures if #16 with a little thing on the front of the chassis as a connection point for the recovery loaders, and not just an open rectangle. Second, Pablo's chassis are shorter, so his front clip is slightly different and angles downward a little bit. 

• Like 1