Taking Back Monster Jam?

DannyMackey

Points series.

that's it.

ooProposed Monster Jam Points Layout

First, Monster Jam must stick to four field sizes. 16 (Major Stadium Shows), 12 (Stadium Shows), 8 (fairgrounds), or 5 (Small Arena)

-------------------------------

16 Truck Events

#1 Qualifier - 2 pts

Racing Winner - 16 pts

Racing Loser - 12 pts

Semi Final Loser - 8 pts

Semi Final Loser - 8 pts

2nd Round Loser - 4 pts

2nd Round Loser - 4 pts

2nd Round Loser - 4 pts

2nd Round Loser - 4 pts

Freestyle winner - 16 pts

2nd - 12 pts

3rd - 10 pts

4th - 8 pts

5th - 6 pts

6th - 4 pts

7th - 2 pts

8th - 1 pts

-----------------------------------

12 Truck Events

#1 Qualifier - 1 pts

Racing Winner - 12 pts

Racing Loser - 8 pts

Semi Final Loser - 4 pts

Semi Final Loser - 4 pts

2nd Round Loser - 2 pts

2nd Round Loser - 2 pts

2nd Round Loser - 2 pts

2nd Round Loser - 2 pts

Freestyle winner - 12 pts

2nd - 8 pts

3rd - 6 pts

4th - 4 pts

5th - 2 pts

6th - 1 pts

------------------------------------

8 Truck Fields

#1 Qualifier - 1 pts

Racing Winner - 8 pts

Racing Loser - 4 pts

Semi Final Loser - 2 pts

Semi Final Loser - 2 pts

Freestyle Winner - 8 pts

2nd - 4 pts

3rd - 3 pts

4th - 2 pts

------------------------------------

5 Truck Fields

Wheelie Contest Winner - 2 pts

Racing Winner - 5

Racing Loser - 3

Semi Final Loser - 1 pts

Semi Final Loser - 1pts

Freestyle Winner - 5

2nd - 3

3rd - 2

-------------------------------------

Drivers can partake in as many events as they want.

Their final points total is taken by averaging out their best 50% of their finishes.

Ex.) Randy Brown runs 28 events in a season, the average of his 14 best events counts as his points total.

WORLD FINALS TRUCK LINEUP

-Top 16 drivers are eligible

-IF two or more drivers in the top 16 are driving the same truck, the truck goes to the driver highest in the points standings. The remaining drivers are then taken out of the top 16, and the next eligible truck/driver combo is brought into the top 16.

Ex.) Neil Elliott is #1, Meents is #2, Hartsock is #16, and Charles Benns is #17. Meents WOULD NOT make the world finals, Hartsock would move up to 15th, and Benns would now be eligible for the WF.

And don't tell me that a points series is impossible

Points series where majority of the trucks are owned by one company interesting. 5 for a small arena..why uneven brackets? Top 16 for World Finals, doubt that will happen, still run 24 trucks..keep the points system the way it is battle it out if you lose you lose of the fanbase if you dont

Points series.

And don't tell me that a points series is impossible

I had been thinking of some sort of guide for drivers eligible for the Finals. Of course based around a core being the points series. Something like defending champions are locked in if they are in the top __ in points. Or past champions are locked in if they are in the top __ in points. That way past champions like Madusa, who have fallen back in competion today still are recognized, but aren't guarenteed a return just soley becasue of their past. I do think the World Finals field should remain at 24 or expand. There is a lot more talent today, and not enough to contain in a 16 truck field. Considering you already have big stadium shows with 16 trucks in you points series concept. Also a lot could be reincorporated from TNN Monster Jam, such as how the Thunder Nationals Champion was admitted to the World Finals field (I think that's how it worked).

Here's what i would say.

Put monster jam back on tnn again, which probably isnt going to happen. And there is a lot of bringing back to do. First of all bring back the old announcers and interviewers like Hogewood, Armstrong, Moriarty, Goodwin, Miliken and Grimm. Secondly, bring back the old track designs cause we are sick and tired of the chicago style on mostly every single track, you can still run chicago style but not as much as there would regularily be, we dont have a problem with the So Cal style, have the u turn, st louis style, j hook style tracks BACK for on and off televised events.

BTW put some cars instead of nothing but a ramp on the racing lanes.

I agree with mark, the backflip was cool at WF 10 but only as a little trick not every show. I wish that they had the old like 20 car race jump like in the old St. Louis I dont remember which year that was. Or even just bring back drags maybe?

Edited by Mark Colineri

The only thing I have against backflips is how they can potentially injure a driver.

Besides, this sport needs to evolve, not go back to the 90s

We need inventive racing courses that can also function as amazing freestyle obstacles. Because for all of the point series and racing purses, which are well and good, we go to shows to be entertained. Make both racing and freestyle exciting with courses that challenge the driver.

• Upvote 1

I loved the J Hook Style Racing, they had it in Toronto back in 08' and it was something different from regular Chicago. So what i'm trying to say is, we don't need Chicago Style at nearly every track. Mix it up.