Taking Back Monster Jam?

DannyMackey

I said the same thing on another thread Casey. If everyone wants to see Monster Jam change, support the smaller promoters and hope they get big enough to compete with MJ. That would pretty much force them to do some new and different stuff to keep their audiance. We need a Monster Truck version of TNA Wrestling right now, a company that focuses more on getting the idustry back on track and doesnt just sit back and make money off of their history and kids. The two I see right now would be Monster X or Monster Truck Challenge. If either one of those promoters gets a good sponsor behind them then the sky is the limit on what they can accomplish in the MT world. I have given up on seeing MJ change and just hope someone else can get big enough to compete with them. It's hard when you have one large company that has exclusive contracts a lot of the big venues and the big names in the industry though.

I said the same thing on another thread Casey. If everyone wants to see Monster Jam change, support the smaller promoters and hope they get big enough to compete with MJ. That would pretty much force them to do some new and different stuff to keep their audiance. We need a Monster Truck version of TNA Wrestling right now, a company that focuses more on getting the idustry back on track and doesnt just sit back and make money off of their history and kids. The two I see right now would be Monster X or Monster Truck Challenge. If either one of those promoters gets a good sponsor behind them then the sky is the limit on what they can accomplish in the MT world. I have given up on seeing MJ change and just hope someone else can get big enough to compete with them. It's hard when you have one large company that has exclusive contracts a lot of the big venues and the big names in the industry though.

Monster X would be your best bet because Rich Shaefer has tried to make both MLMT and MTC big but due to shady businessmen it sadly didn't happen. The downside is though that Monster X can't really expand because 1. Monster Jam has the rights to most major venues out there. 2. A large portion of independent trucks run Monster Jam throughout the winter season.

This will sound insane, but the best way I can see Monster Jam getting a challenge, is if they use just company trucks. The reason I say this is because big names like Avenger, Bounty Hunter, and Stone Crusher will go to these other promoters making a true series of the best independent drivers out there for the whole year possible.

...but TNA still isn't any good.

I was using TNA as an example. People can debate all day long as to whether TNA is good or not but myself and a lot of other people are being drawn back into wrestling because there is now an alternative to WWE(which I personally can't stand these days). It makes me laugh how both wrestling and monster trucks have had very similar things happen to their industry at almost the same time. Namely the industry having one dominant promoter that bought out it's competition.

Monster X would be your best bet because Rich Shaefer has tried to make both MLMT and MTC big but due to shady businessmen it sadly didn't happen. The downside is though that Monster X can't really expand because 1. Monster Jam has the rights to most major venues out there. 2. A large portion of independent trucks run Monster Jam throughout the winter season.

This will sound insane, but the best way I can see Monster Jam getting a challenge, is if they use just company trucks. The reason I say this is because big names like Avenger, Bounty Hunter, and Stone Crusher will go to these other promoters making a true series of the best independent drivers out there for the whole year possible.

Rich Schafer flat out got screwed but that hasn't stopped him. The big plus with Rich Schafer is that the venues he wants to get into are of no interest to Monster Jam currently which would give him a big advantage for doing shows with large fields of trucks. The nascar guys know who he is, that he's a good guy and all he needs is the money to make it happen. Bristol was packed this year from what I saw. The crowds keep getting bigger and bigger at his shows. Hopefully someone out there is noticing that. Monster X is on the move also. Either one with the right sponsor could do big things for this sport. I don't think Monster Jam doing shows with only company trucks is insane at all, I almost think monster jam is already going towards all feld truck shows. Anyone see any indy's on the Path of Destruction tour this summer? If another promoter got a big sponsor and could pay the drivers like Monster Jam does and would let them sell merchandise at their shows I think you would see a lot of guys leaving Monster Jam. There's nothing like beating the crap out of you're truck all year and not being one of the very few indy's that gets invited to the World Finals. Someone doing a points series with a purse or something I think would be much more appealing to the indy's out there and make the battle more worth it. I know Creten and Kohler couldn't have been happy about not being a part Path of Destruction espically Kohler with not being booked for the Special Events shows this year. There are some big stadiums out there that Monster Jam is not going to and all it would take is for someone to get the money to get into them. The bad thing is that it would probably take some time for large shows like that to draw big money because of exposure. Monster Jam is part of an entertainment company that has been working with media and stuff like that for years and already has the connections they need. A smaller promoter would have to start from the bottom on stuff like that.

I know Monster Jam is going to all company trucks, but my concern is once you get a massive tour going, then you will have to appeal to the kids (like it or not, you will. They make the bulk of the profit for these shows) that's where Monster Jam has the upper hand with the Marvel trucks, Mutt trucks, and stuff like that. I know you have your trucks like Brutus, Snake Bite, and Crushstation but that can only go so far. While what I said earlier with the sport needing to evolve, that's on the track. Now as for mentality of the fan, that needs to go back to the 80s. When monster trucks got fans for their own unique name and not from another famous brand.

Rich Schafer had nothing to do with the business aspect of MLMT except for track building.. The only way anyone could become as big as Monster Jam is to own their own trucks, thats how you save money and make money but we all know how people don't like that because it doesn't add legitimacy to the sport.

Demko that is all part of the collective bargaining agreement for those leagues, they have a clause that basically if an owner is running a team like shit, they can take over the team at anytime to ensure the players and fans don't get completely screwed over.

Getting back on topic I don't really see why everyone is griping about FELD OWNS ALL THE TRUCKS, WE MUST GET RID OF THEM RAWR!!!! If it weren't for them we wouldn't have star studded lineups, but rather a handful of good trucks and a bunch of poorly built independents like Cyborg