Taking Back Monster Jam?

DannyMackey

Heres something for the Car backflip ramp, Superglue all the cars together and nothing would happen to the cars. IT WOULD BE AWESOME

Do you have any idea of how stupid that sounds? It would #1, take too much money/ super glue. And #2, it wouldn't hold the force from the trucks... think before ya speak.

All Monster Jam's credibility died in 1998 when they purchased Grave Digger. Plain and simple. It's impossible to be seen as a legitimate promoter when you own the biggest star of the show. And of course it only got worse from there to the point of where we just have a big company pick-nick at every event now. And it's far too gone to change it now. Just try to embrace it for what it is.

For me now a days, MJ is just something interesting to hit up on youtube when you're board, and that's about it. Actually, the whole sport of MT's and the lack of actual competition is causing me to lose interest in the industry as a whole. So imo I don't think this is solely a MJ problem. The entire industry in general has gone down the pooper.

And that's the take from Mr. Positivity. lol

• Upvote 3

We need a points systems so drivers EARN their way to the finals. We need bigfoot back, i asked them why they dont run. The team tells me they simply do not invite them, dont know why feld wont invite them. Maybe we ask the bigffot team on their facebook page comment on monster jams page they want to run on Monster Jam, and we show are support, just an idea. And i have had enough of those concept body of marvel, theyre cool but just makes the sport seem so stupid for those who never have looked at the sport before. Maybe different racing track designs which isnt a problem for them, they got the best guys in the business to build it. It just seems FELD focuses on supercross than Monster Jam fans

Is this mayhem?..... anyway, after Monster Jam got rid of the points series in general in 1999 (Yes they still had a points series, not just a TV points series) everything seemed to go downhill after they made the got involved with WCW (WWE). Truthfully after that, it was not about the independents at all. There's such a low respect for hard working independents anymore, they basically might as well not have them. FELD(PACE, SFX, CCE, LN) has purchased/built over 60 chassis to this date. That's over 60 company trucks that have been promoted in the past by Monster Jam. The fact is, if the company trucks aren't winning, they don't want to sponsor the truck anymore because of (usually) merchandise not selling and apparel not being bought. Sadly, this generation knows nothing of what they see. So whoever is winning they buy.

• Upvote 3

that is BS, Bigfoot has sent booking information to MJ and they either choose to :

-ignore

-disagree to possible stipulations Bigfoot might have(like Bigfoot being able to video at events, though I dont think they do much of that anymore. biggest thing i think is not being able to sell merchandise at FELD events)

that is BS, Bigfoot has sent booking information to MJ and they either choose to :

-ignore

-disagree to possible stipulations Bigfoot might have(like Bigfoot being able to video at events, though I dont think they do much of that anymore. biggest thing i think is not being able to sell merchandise at FELD events)

That sounds more plausible. I think I read it on the internet somewhere, so that adds to the BS possibility.

Here is Monster Jams basic business model, appeal to the 5-18 year old demographic which the younger portion really don't care about a legitimate points system but rather just like watching the trucks jump in the air. They go to the show where half of the trucks are company owned trucks that are top notch and the rest of the field are independents where maybe 3 at most are top notch. Kids are going to root for the trucks who perform the best and will more than likely buy appearal of their favorite truck to wear at the next event. Even if an independent truck starts to perform well Feld is still going to make money off of that because the typical parent is going to get directed to monsterjam.com instead of the official website of say Bounty Hunter or Avenger. So with all this money Feld is generating off merchandise, they are able to pump more money into advertising which in turn draws in more fans. Basically as long as Feld is making money with the current system they have, it won't change.

• Upvote 1