Show Your Projects Chapter 18!

Outlawed

Well this is a personal project I have been tinkering with for a long time. I kinda gave up on doing anything like this a long time ago but I just couldn't stand the normal sounds any longer and decided to start messing with things again.  :rolleyes:  I knew it was possible but it just took some figuring it out on my part to get things to work like I wanted. It took a while but now every truck in my game has the sounds it should. Part of the sounds in this started out as xunlex's, the mufflers and zoomies, they were a great start and I don't want to take any credit from him, but I edited them more to my liking. The rest is 100% mine. I'm a little nervous about even sharing it after seeing all the awesome work going on in this thread right now. But here it is...

how do u get ur speedo screen like that

Beau4x4. The sounds are great. Their the best we've got going right now in ROR. I'm not knocking you in any way because i've tried to make my own sound pack before and i know how hard the sounds are to get perfect. I have Two complaints though that have to be brought up before you release those:

1. Their to loud. The sound we have with the current/stock sounds that came with the Monster Truck in ROR are about perfect in terms of loudness. Right now, if we were to hold live event shows with the sounds you have right now, announcers would be talking over the truck noise and would have to speak up greatly just to get a voice over the trucks.

2. The Idle. When your holding the brakes in the air the truck shouldn't sound like its sitting still in the pits. It should idle, not sound like its sitting still back in the pits. About 20 seconds into your video is how a truck with the sidepipes should sound at idle, 1:34 is how it should sound with Zoomies, 2:50 is how it should sound with the Magnaflows, and 4:14 is how it should sound with Collectors.

Those are my only two gripes. I think you've got a great start right there but their not finished quite yet.

The worst modeler in the community is making a shop (oh gawd) I have no idea what im doing.

I made the racks with rocks textures, and tool box with a texture i found off google.

Don't doubt yourself dude, at least you're trying to make stuff. I can't even make a simple jump. It looks fine to me!

So more travel tires! Have been working on them, made another travel tire that got lugs. Thanks to Thundro for helping me fix the problems with the tires. And now who doesnt like Grave Digger in travel tires?  B)

screenshot_151_zpsf28e4b96.png

screenshot_152_zps97b888b5.png

screenshot_153_zps5fe1adaf.png

• Upvote 5