World Finals XIV Discussion

RKM

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Young Guns Shootout?

• Taryn Laskey - Monster Mutt Dalmatian
    • Donald Epidendio - Titan
    • JP Ruggiero - El Diablo
    • Dustin Brown - Wolverine
    • Morgan Kane - Iron Man
    • Joey Sylvester - Bad Habit (had 4 until he won)
    • Daron Basl - Nitro Hornet
    • Greg Winchenbach - Crushstation
    • Devin Jones - Barbarian
    • Steven Sims - Hooked
    • Becky McDonough - El Toro Loco
    • JR McNeil - Razin Kane

Honestly, I'm not to thrilled with the lineup this year.  Why?  Well, in my opinion Scooby-Doo, Zombie, ans Superman should not have made it.  I'll cut the driver of Superman some slack, he's a good driver, but I don't think he's good enough for the Finals.  Scooby-Doo is just WAAAAY overrated, and again, shouldn't have made it due to the driver, Zombie, eh I dunno.

Guess my main gripe is that isn't the Finals supposed to be about the best of the best going for it?  What's with all these rookies then.  Not that I don't like them, it's just, I could have picked 28 guys that really deserve to be there, like Bergeron.  I may be suprized about some of these new drivers after I see how they run, but, it just seems like their giving the younger drivers a bigger break than they deserve.

Scott Buetow DOES deserve the invite. He hasn't gotten wins, but he has the skill. And that's what people HAVE to realize. The wins don't mean jack, it's the placement, the effort that matters!

I completely agree with this.  I may be a bit biased since he lives in my hometown, but if he wasn't invited this year, he would have been next year.  He's been improving so fast I think he'll become a consistent World Finals competitor.

If I could I would change Neil Elliot into Monster Mutt Dalmation , put Scott Hartsock into Batman, and put CVH into Scooby doo . Also Jon Zimmer definately deserves to be in the finals.

for real bro? And the lack of people saying Epidendio in the World finals and instead of the shootout scares me, and Brutus for what,  only so you can see him wreck it big? Also I mean seriously Andrew Peckham, semi finals and finals in Anaheim all 3 times, and San Diego, no one mentions him.  Oh I forgot he isn't a big name driver, but I forgot all that you need to do is wreck it big in freestyle and thats all you need to do to get into the world finals these days..performance isn't necessary.

• Upvote 1

Tom meents, hits jumps fast and floors it as soon as his truck rolls over and doesn't get rii'd= skill?

Can you even honestly compare the two?  Buetow I'll give him credit where credit is due has gotten much better this year, but you can't compare him to someone that drives upside down flooring it.  Two different things, hitting jumps wide open is Meents' style and always has been, not to mention one of the best racers in Monster Jam..