Looks like Monster Jam won't be on Fox Sports 1...

Lookey2000

YouTube could be a safe bet considering we all go there anyway because none of us want to wait 4months for a show we could watch 3 days or sooner after it occurred plus all the repeats in the past few years got really really old to the point I don't even watch Monster Jam on TV. Plus they have already tested some types of live streaming recently so I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see it completely absent from network television simply because I think even the networks were getting tired of the same old crap and treating every fan like they know absolutely nothing and not trying to further educate them on certain matters. I know if it was my network I wouldn't be too happy airing repeats constantly because the editors for Monster Jam apparently do not have any sense of time and zero live shows.

I think it will be YouTube or none at all to be 100% honest...

However, that would alienate a decent percentile of their viewing audience who don't have access to or can't afford reliable high-speed internet, such as myself. Even though the broadcasts are mediocre at best, it's still making them some income. Knowing FELD, they'll milk it for everything it's got and then some, sadly.

Sports talk shows are becoming like golf corses.  You can't throw a rock without hitting one.  Everyone is looking at this as a negative but I see this as a positive.  If they go a season without being on TV it may force them to change their product up.  Racing has been boring for a long time and truthfully I really don't like the San Diego style tracks cause they only have one freaking obstacle.  I want to see giant hills and racing over busses more than Monster Trucks Drifting.  Freestyle could be amped up a bit too.  I want to see them get rid of the cookie cutter tracks and make some unique stuff.  This could be that needed drop in business that will bring some new ideas to light.

Hmmm, excellent comparison. I feel the same way about the racing programs. I usually don't even tune into those unless I know something good wil happen like a huge crash and if it's bad enough, they'll cut it from the program. (Captain's Curse, anyone?) I can endure freestyle much more easily than racing but even that gets boring with the "announcers" commentary. "I know what to call that move, uhm, oh yeah it already has a name! IT'S CALLED A ROLLOVER, YA DUMBASS!!! DAMN RIGHT, THAT'S NOT WHAT HE WANTED TO DO!!!" *ahem* sorry for the outburst.

And all I'm gonna say about the comment on track design: Watch what you wish for, we might end up with real life versions of those video game abominations with a pirate ship that's bigger than the stadium as the center-piece for the track.

Posts like that SERIOUSLY makes me want the old down vote feature back... -_-

He's actually right though. I mean let's face it, Mark Schroeder is not a good commentator at all and honestly their commentary has gotten stale. And besides, thanks to YouTube you can get multiple high quality angles of practically every big stadium show in 24-48 hours tops. This isn't like 2000 or 2002 when there were no other options available. There's no in depth analysis, no "story lines", hell they rarely do driver interviews anymore. Honestly I was severely let down with this season. Little variety in shows and way too many crammed "1-hour specials"

There needs to be big reformatting changes for the series.

Sounds pretty spot on in my opinion. Mark and Scott are a terrible 'booth' combination couple that with commercials every other ten seconds and you get a poor show. Im sorry but if you think a 4 month delay, terrible announcer combination, and a show filled with commercials is great then im worried.

As much as I hate to say this, in this case alone, no coverage is good coverage. Not to mention you can watch coverage 2 DAYS after the fact of racing and freestyle commercial FREE. I got so sick of hearing mark schrader I stopped watching years ago and have never once had the impulse to watch it, even when I flip to speed and its on I switch to another channel. How do you even justify waiting 4 months for poor coverage?

Like ive said before, I'm GLAD its gone, it gives a shot at another TV broadcaster/channel to pick it up and do a decent job with it. So basically the broken rotted door shut and hopefully a new shinny door opens

I completely agree with what he is saying, the commentary has just gotten to the point where its gotten annoying and i just want to mute the volume most times, my little brother who knows nothing about monster jam can do a better job then that. I recently watched new orleans and the engine sounds were louder than the commentary itself and i waited what 5 months for this show when i couldve watched it on Youtube and get better commentary and sound also. I honestly would like to see another channel come i and give the show a complete over haul cause it has lacked alot these passed few months. So if you asked me I could care less if there is no more monster jam on tv cause once they still have a site to show us what show is comming out and we always have youtube ill be good.

I didn't factor the announcers into my response but I don't like them.  When I'm sitting at home as a fan and see a tire pop or someone destroy the suspension and I realize it half a run before they do if they even do at all, somethings wrong.  There have been a number of times that a guy will be broke half the run and nothing is said about it.

I've noticed the same thing Bobamatic.

Schroeder- "Oh, he's slowing down with his run. I don't understand why. Maybe he tweaked a sway bar."

Me- "HE DIDNT TWEAK A SWAY BAR, YOU DUNCE! A FOUR LINK BAR BROKE OFF IS AND DRAGGING ON THE GROUND BEHIND HIM!"

• Upvote 2

hey maybe espn will put monster jam on their channel because they need some more motorsports other then nascar  and drag racing

Then we'll be reliving the camera angles from 2004-2005 (anyone remember those horrible things?)...unless they hire some new camera guys, watch some of their NASCAR coverage and you will see how bad it gets sometimes when they completely miss a big move or crash or just cut away from some awesome racing the second it starts to happen. I would be OK with that but they will need new camera guys for it.

• Upvote 1

Then we'll be reliving the camera angles from 2004-2005 (anyone remember those horrible things?)

Oh dear god yes.

"Let's zoom in on his tire while he takes a huge jump!", "How about zooming in on his engine?", "On-board camera shot when he crashes through a motor home? Yes."

Worst shots ever. Especially when you want to see the actual run and not a piece of a truck's rear quarter panel.

• Upvote 1

I completely agree with what he is saying, the commentary has just gotten to the point where its gotten annoying and i just want to mute the volume most times, my little brother who knows nothing about monster jam can do a better job then that. I recently watched new orleans and the engine sounds were louder than the commentary itself and i waited what 5 months for this show when i couldve watched it on Youtube and get better commentary and sound also. I honestly would like to see another channel come i and give the show a complete over haul cause it has lacked alot these passed few months. So if you asked me I could care less if there is no more monster jam on tv cause once they still have a site to show us what show is comming out and we always have youtube ill be good.

Ooooh. So it wasn't just the Youtube video of speed's coverage I watched. They actually messed up the audio on their end.

NBC Sports has done an awesome job thus far with alternative, less popular racing events. F1 coverage is a bit more in depth than on Speed, where Nascar overrides everything. They might be a good spot for Monster Jam. They might actually put some effort into it. 

Also, I think what would give them far more pull with networks is to develop some sort of series within their schedule. 10-15 of their events could be points-earning. This way it gives people a reason to watch beyond Tom Meents flipping over and carelessly slamming the throttle to get back on all four wheels (hehehe). Digger, Max-D, and whoever else could battle for points at all the major events. This will make racing, which is a throwaway now, much more interesting. It'll also give the World Finals some purpose as well. A REAL championship is at stake. Paying non-Feld drivers based on success, which I don't think they do now, would probably help make the competition less repetitive and predictable. Enough Max-D, Digger, Max-D, Grinder, Digger, Digger, Max-D, Digger Legend, Digger. Jimmy Creten would have a reason to destroy his truck when there is potential for big bucks. 

My two cents.

Ooooh. So it wasn't just the Youtube video of speed's coverage I watched. They actually messed up the audio on their end.

NBC Sports has done an awesome job thus far with alternative, less popular racing events. F1 coverage is a bit more in depth than on Speed, where Nascar overrides everything. They might be a good spot for Monster Jam. They might actually put some effort into it. 

Also, I think what would give them far more pull with networks is to develop some sort of series within their schedule. 10-15 of their events could be points-earning. This way it gives people a reason to watch beyond Tom Meents flipping over and carelessly slamming the throttle to get back on all four wheels (hehehe). Digger, Max-D, and whoever else could battle for points at all the major events. This will make racing, which is a throwaway now, much more interesting. It'll also give the World Finals some purpose as well. A REAL championship is at stake. Paying non-Feld drivers based on success, which I don't think they do now, would probably help make the competition less repetitive and predictable. Enough Max-D, Digger, Max-D, Grinder, Digger, Digger, Max-D, Digger Legend, Digger. Jimmy Creten would have a reason to destroy his truck when there is potential for big bucks. 

My two cents.

That is the best reason, if you notice only the big name/sponser trucks go crazy, why? becuase they have alot of money so they can. you never hear of Full Boar rolling off a big jump becuase the teams cant afford the damage. if the did checks at the end of each event like NASCAR does I think the smaller teams would have a bigger chace of winning.

Roach and i were talking about this one night but we both said that it wouldnt be surprising that NBC would pick up a Motorsports channel with there coverage of F1 and now picking nascar back up in 2015 plus with there coverage of torc and other programs dont be surprise by 2014-2015 for them to pick up monster jam.,... hopefully by then it won't seem like monster jam is ran by kids

Some comments in here are ridiculous. Are you going to insult me and call me opinionated when I say the production value was terrible? Most of SPEED's shows seemed cheap though. Go to the event live or catch it on YouTube, I don't even watch SPEED anymore and that's sad. It was my favorite channel.

• Upvote 1

Blame this guy

4764_1176947705069_6643738_n.jpg

"Respecting the audience and doing something amazing with a monopoly of an entire genre? love that i want shorterm money now!"

Seriously, this idiot's buisness ideas are the very definition of awful short term tactics, and the fat bastard continues to dig the hole deeper with his own detested nose as a spade.

Blame this guy

"Respecting the audience and doing something amazing with a monopoly of an entire genre? love that i want shorterm money now!"

Seriously, this idiot's buisness ideas are the very definition of awful short term tactics, and the fat bastard continues to dig the hole deeper with his own detested nose as a spade.

Pardon me for asking, but who is that? Doesn't look like Ken Feld and there's no good pics of Charlie Mancuso.

that is mancuso, he looks exactly how i imagined him. He just needs a gothic castle and an angry organ player to follow him at all times playing him an evil theme tune for everything he does

something like this i'd imagine, in particular 1:00 onward, the music just sort of flowing around him like a bad smell

• Upvote 1