Show Your Projects Chapter 27

Outlawed

Thanks guys.  Dalton, the one good exported track that I built doesn't really lag for me or those who have tried it (even RKM) and it has dual ten car sets and my models have improved 100 fold since then.  You can model some pretty complex looking stuff and make it work if you delete every unnecessary face and line and make sure everything lines up perfectly.  When people make step up jumps and have 1/4 of the car sticking out of th dirt and 3/4's of the car in the jump that can't be seen that's what causes lag on obstacles.  You can't copy and paste cars or anything into an obstacle and leave the parts that can't be seen inside of it or you're asking for trouble.  The more faces in between the top face of you're obstacle and the ground the more laggy the obstacle will be.  Those faces will also grab you're truck when you reset on the obstacle and make you have to go back to the start point because you can't break free.  The stadiums and tracks I do are a basically a sheet formed to a shape.  There is nothing behind every face you see from the track all the way up through the stadium.  You could flatten everything and it would have no double faces anywhere.  I am very confident that this track won't lag.

This is what the underside of the car heavy Tombstone obstacle looks like.  Nothing but backfaces.

37_zps7b562746.png