Show Your Projects Chapter 28

Lookey2000

Digger's been updated to have accurate seams 'n stuff, as well as a shiny new texture.

Yes i know the graphics on the tail don't quite line up and the roof graphic is crap. Currently clonestamping the hell out of it and vectoring a new one to fix each respectively. But hey, the text on the gravestones is the correct way around on the other side! take that society!

30th body to come soon i guess

• Upvote 7

That seam is not accurate, And your UV seams are very noticeable in areas.

fa55cdaaa3.jpg

323d075f62.jpg

Also this. It needs to be more of a gradual curve into the windshield, as yours is way too defined which has been bugging me since the first post you showed.

08abade589.jpg

fdb605d816.jpg

Edited by RockCrwlr
  • Upvote 2

That seam is not accurate, And your UV seams are very noticeable in areas.

fa55cdaaa3.jpg

323d075f62.jpg

Also this. It needs to be more of a gradual curve into the windshield, as yours is way too defined which has been bugging me since the first post you showed.

08abade589.jpg

fdb605d816.jpg

Everything but the UV seams is fixed now. Can't be bothered to rebake this late, but i'll do it later. The roof seams will also need some squaring off on the final export. I just don't like having six different versions of one model floating about in a blend, gets messy real quick

Problem with the seams is that i painted digger at 4092, to scale down to 2048, as details are better if you do it that way. I just forgot to up the margin in the bake to compensate. Oops

Also i'm glad everyone's taking to P3D, makes everything so much nicer

Now if only I could get the orge export plugins to work :(

EDIT:

Please ignore the wire frame, P3D adds verts for some reason, I did remove all unnecessary faces and verts. Made a few changes to the layout as well. Need to build a stadium and texture it. 

well shaving down the verts that's what. Before you had a moderately clean wire with enough faces per ramp to make them decently shaped, and now you've just gone back, gone "Right, screw that" and turned it all into triangle sharp edge hell. it's going to handle like a brick and look about as good now. put some depth into those surfaces, ramps aren't just flat metal planes made of nothing. they've got surface and depth to them. Give them some personality

also your normals for the containers are backwards, that'll play hell with your physics

Also, accurate digger door!* yay!

*digger the legend

• Upvote 6

it's a thing!

And if all goes to plan, should have normal maps for the name embossing/blood around it as well as the cracks and fabric folds on the skull. However, since i'm such an incompetent git, i tried and failed to do the sculpting; and good guy ethan is helping me out there. So go give him a hug, because he is fantastic

And to the el toro below me, beatcha to it with mine ages ago. Just waiting on paint for release at this point

• Upvote 13