Show Your Projects Chapter 28

Lookey2000

but what about that problem they were having?

You know, with the all of it part.

anyway, thank you based ethan for painting the fur on mutt

Brutus to come soon

you'd better click that

question... will the ears, tongue, and tail be flexbodies?

• Upvote 1

question... will the ears, tongue, and tail be flexbodies?

i don't know if i'm allowed to post photos, so i wont, but gecko's working on a nodebeam.

He's given it to me, and so far it looks great. Currently the roof flap likes to phase shift out of this dimension and into several others that don't adhere to our finite and laughable definition of physics, but that'll be ironed out later on.

Mapping problems PC. Also noticed the logos on the rear quarter panels are very blurry, nice otherwise.

840375e248.jpg

f018decfb4.jpg

And to answer the question above me, last he said was that Matt was making the n/b for them to move properly.

Yeah i did the edging after i started texturing, and i forgot to save the new UV for the bordering. I'll mend that, thanks.

And the texture's downsized from 2048 to 1024 for p3d, on the final model with anisotropic on, it looks fine.

• Upvote 2

I suck at modeling well, what do you guys think? any constructive critism is accepted 

Edgeflow man, edgeflow.

Compare the wire of your body with Wrecking Crew or Blizzard's or really anything from el toro onward. Notice how it's mostly a grid?

Think of models like 3d drawings. In 2d drawings you have the broad outlines and edges define the shape you see. Despite the fact that it's just some markings on paper or pixels on a screen, pictures generally look like stuff.

However in 3d, it's not single lines that define shapes, but all the lines of an object, collectively creating a cohesive object.

So think of a wireframe like a perfectly mallable cloth. A cloth that cannot be torn, but can be very slightly stretched, which sticks to surfaces it lands on without ruffling. Now imagine that the cloth falls on the shape which you want to model, perfectly enveloping it like wrapping paper. Both inside and out. Now imagine that the cloth has a grid pattern on it. That's your 3d shape.

Just like the difference between loose words and a legible sentence, or story , or poem, or opus novel is a cohesive and intricately complex array of rules and ideas, and the difference between a bad story and a great story is the fidelity, eloquence and skill with which words you use and how you use them, the difference between a big pile of random vertexes and a monster truck body is the metaphorical eloquence of how you create join up the verts into an object,

the grid should fall into the shape, the shape shouldn't fall into the grid if that makes any sense. Edge flow is key to everything.

That said, nice that everyone's using p3d now. Makes SYP a lot more interesting. Speaking of which...

Spoiler for my current project.

• Upvote 12