Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

...I imagine that body scheme to be exaggerated from what they are actually planning...

Oh trust me, what they put in those renders go on those trucks in real life. I won't sell Monster Jam short there, because they stick to what's in those renders. I'll give them major props there. 

New body style for El Diablo. It looks insane. 

http://www.monsterjam.com/News/2013/11/14/1/

I honestly don't get why FELD took a "normal truck body" and turned it into this? That's the main reason why I am not a fan of this new body at all. But to me all that matters is looking past this body and focusing on JP performing better than he did his rookie year last year. That what I try to do with the Monster Mutt's, super hero monster trucks, Scooby-Doo, Zombie, and now El Diablo. But I will still give my 2 cents about new monster trucks and their body styles.

I think Candice deserves a new style more then Rod because of how she performs day in and day out, she is probably the best female driver and can hang with most of the male drivers so its not a bad idea. However I liked what they did for MM Rotty that was original, now its comming to where one truck cant get a new design without another truck getting that same design. It just kills the originality in my opinion.

Oh trust me, what they put in those renders go on those trucks in real life. I won't sell Monster Jam short there, because they stick to what's in those renders. I'll give them major props there. 

That body in the picture appears to actually be drawn concept art. So the real body still may differ slightly from that image. I have more faith in this design than Zombie. It has a more fluid design and -aside from the tongue- appears to be symmetrical. 

ANOTHER thing I think a lot of people are missing:

I'm not exactly an expert on cultural arts, but I think the design is supposed to reflect certain Latin American art styles, which, although branches off from a conventional motor vehicle style, would better fit the truck's purpose.

• Upvote 3

5iGdb.gif

an·thro·po·mor·phic [an-thruh-puh-mawr-fik] Show IPA
adjective
ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
resembling or made to resemble a human form: an anthropomorphic carving.

So say, seeing a smile in this car would make the front anthropomorphic

austin-healey-sprite-01.jpg

Also i've seen a couple furries i'm friends with on steam call their thing the "anthro community", which is weird for reasons i can't quite articulate

Something that I just thought about but having no idea where to put it. What if Feld got Rob Maccachren to drive a Monster Truck? If you dont know who Rob Mac is google him, he is one of the most winningest drivers in all of offroad history and he would deff give Tom and Dennis and the other powerhouses a run for their money.

Hm, wonder what this may be.

5lodK.png

Monster Jam is releasing a mobile video game app for the Apple and Android markets comes January. Main reason behind them doing this is to compete with what Odd Games put out in Monster Truck Destruction, which is doing VERY well.