Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

When I first saw the Young Guns Shootout lineup I was a bit disappointed at first at the fact of Mike Harper in Outlaw not being in the lineup. But then I realized there are 2 more spots left in the main World Finals lineup, so who knows, maybe another deserving independent in the main World Finals lineup. As for who I think will win the Young Guns Shootout I am choosing Mike Vaters Jr. in Overkill Evolution. Derick Anson in Heavy Hitter is my backup pick.

• Upvote 1

Ok why is steve kohler in young guns?

The truck is literally older than i am, he's been driving for at least five years and he's been in the encore of the finals. I like that he's in the finals at all, but don't call it young guns if it's young guns and oh by the way someone who's been racing for eight years and a truck older than half our audience shootout

• Upvote 2

The truck is literally older than i am, he's been driving for at least five years and he's been in the encore of the finals. I like that he's in the finals at all, but don't call it young guns if it's young guns and oh by the way someone who's been racing for eight years and a truck older than half our audience shootout

The way it works is that it's for drivers who have little to no experience performing at Sam Boyd Stadium on that race course. It's not about how old you are or how long you have been driving for.

Steve never encored, it was Bergeron driving Wrecking Crew.

I'm most excited for Mikey Vaters Jr.   But how is Trent Montgomery not in there?  Really C'mon....

I agree both ways. Trent was the wheelie king. Arena Wheelie of the Year: Trent Montgomery (Iron Outlaw)

I'm gonna make two predictions that I would bet money on, because I think they're both extremely likely to happen.

1.  Steven Sims wins.

2.  Steve Koehler crashes.

Very Likely

When I first saw the Young Guns Shootout lineup I was a bit disappointed at first at the fact of Mike Harper in Outlaw not being in the lineup. But then I realized there are 2 more spots left in the main World Finals lineup, so who knows, maybe another deserving independent in the main World Finals lineup. As for who I think will win the Young Guns Shootout I am choosing Mike Vaters Jr. in Overkill Evolution. Derick Anson in Heavy Hitter is my backup pick.

Don't count on him qualifying. It doesn't seem right. 

My Thoughts on the YGS

bd0ab27d-51fb-454c-9ec5-6a07dfa82724.jpg Why Is She Back? cecbea14-05bf-4205-ae69-da2ebc6b5dab.jpg FELD Rookie = Automatic Qualification a3d0badb-accd-4877-a5ae-d3b5b4c80d6c.jpg Same as BJ 217564f4-126f-4998-a436-5ce213c3a6c8.jpg Reasonable

a8e2ca62-bfa5-4f76-95e9-8f8f0236a2f7.jpg Would have liked to see River Rat There Too 355f7cef-5596-48e1-91a7-30d9416c954c.jpg Who Doesn't like this truck? 0edd81a1-daea-4c00-a9a3-25cb31db9e7d.jpg FELD 2nd Year = Automatic Qualification 9162c5bd-8c63-4c39-b837-c9bd4609f286.jpg Why is He Back? He is ready for the Finals

7b0dc7bb-4c6d-4ebe-a6ec-7859a6886c9a.jpg YYYYEEESSS! After an Amazing Racing Preformance in Milwaukee, He Deserves it. b6f1c6e3-01e7-4332-97f0-697f5efc154c.jpg Same as BJ 16faafa1-5f72-465f-8fa3-7f9740f60c98.jpg Deserves It c2d0bd9a-42ce-4f0f-b316-3055690f3e58.jpg Eh, Why Not?

6232994d-1620-4c53-9442-1983aef34132.jpg Same As JP 3b877498-b44c-4e6d-8968-f45a5ac13ec3.jpg Would like to see his brother too. 

• Upvote 1

would not mind coty getting the YGS, but what would he drive? Damon was already announced to be driving M.E. at the world finals wasn't he?

Maybe Metal Mulisha? or Man of Steel?

Anyhow, I expect either Basl, Anson or Simms to get it.

Also something very interesting to note, Dustin Brown is nowhere to be found in that line up.... hmmm.....

Why is Becky, Laskey, and McNeil back in there? Becky has more then two years at the young guns, and doesn't McNeil as well? (Don't get me wrong, I like McNeil, I just think he should be in the big show)

El Toro should be switched with Iron Outlaw

Dalmatian should be switched with Outlaw

Extermigator should be switched with Double Trouble

Wrecking Crew should be switched with Obsessed

Anyways.... I'm hoping for Daron andTravis to win