Concert Goers

Tom P.

Anyone go to gigs? Like to mosh/crowd surf? See a good band recently or in the past? Heres a place to talk about it.

I saw my favorite band last night for the 4th time at a sold out venue in Philadelphia that was recorded for a DVD/CD. Best night ever. I got no voice right now. Got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer since I was right at the barricade, but thats how concerts are hahaha. The crowd was super rough but honestly the movement in the crowd is the best part of a gig in my opinion. My friend crowd surfed too which was awesome. There is nothing like seeing your favorite band and being front and center.

Tell us your concert stories

I saw my favorite band on October 26th in Las Vegas! I saw Avenged Sevenfold at the Mandalay Bay. It was absolutely fantastic. They performed beyond amazing live, and the pyrotechnics were outstanding. Not to mention when they brought out the "King" and it actually moved was crazy. That was honestly some of the most fun I have EVER had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6--XozfrHNg

Went to my first concert last weekend for Queens of the Stone Age in the Barclay's Center.  Played 20 songs in a little over an hour and a half.  Had a good time.

One of the songs they played (one of the longest as well, and probably the best one they played that night):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyQA9ww3-ZE

I've had my fair share of concerts.

Easter day this year, I went up to see Green Day in Pittsburgh. Didn't get the greatest seats, but you could practicly feel the energy that the band gave off, and it was just rebounding back from the audience. They've definatly got a great live show, I'd recommend them.

Some of you may know that I play in a small band myself. Playing on stage infront of 50 or so people is a great experience. Really helps that I play with a couple of friends and not myself.

That also ties into a show I played Tuesday night in Pittsburgh, where we got to open for a band called Courage My Love. They were on tour for their latest EP title Becoming (It's amzing I might add.). They also had a lot of energy on stage, as well as they sounded really good. The real highlight was after the show we all got to get autographs, picture, and got to chat with them. They were really cool, and down to earth. Wish I could get the chance to see them play again.

Here's one of the song off of Becoming, one of my favorites:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y93PNLePlno

Just saw Trans Siberian Orhestra the day before Thanksgiving at the Sleep Train Pavillion (Arco Arena) in Sacramento. Great show with great music, and not to mention a couple fine looking women on stage :)

Yeah they are amazing. I've seen a lot of videos from their shows.

• 4 months later...

My summer schedule.

May 29- Austin, Tx -Gnartillery Tour- Getter, ReKoil, Bear Grillz

May 30- Houston, Tx -Gnartillery Tour- Getter, ReKoil, Bear Grillz

June 5-8- Ozark Mountains, Ar -Wakarusa- Bassnectar and soo many more

July 11- Houston, Tx -The Outbreak Tour- Zomboy, Cookie Monsta, Eptic

My summer is looking stacked.

• 4 weeks later...