Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

It has two Diggers (Dennis and Chuckie, so I'm assuming his green WF Digger scheme will return), Ryan and Adam making up Team Digger and then it's Team "Bad Boys" with Rottweiler (Rod), Mohawk Warrior (Balhan), Mulisha and Dooms Day

Also according to the site Zimmer will be driving Monster Energy in Cedar Rapids

Actually, going off my last post there are several line ups that seem very "MoreMonsterJam" in nature, which personally with the tour over I'd like to see that group compete with some other trucks for once but oh well.

This is why monster truck racing can't be a legitimate motorsport. I mean, say what you will, but you don't see NASCAR promoting their shows by saying "Hendrick Motorsports vs Stewart-Haas Racing!!" I mean, NASCAR and Monster Jam both have teams taking on teams when you think about it, but NASCAR just doesn't turn it into what Monster Jam is making it.

This is why monster truck racing can't be a legitimate motorsport. I mean, say what you will, but you don't see NASCAR promoting their shows by saying "Hendrick Motorsports vs Stewart-Haas Racing!!"

So? I'm sorry but I'm so sick of people going "this will never be a real motorsport!!1!" Like I don't give a rat's hind end about that, I go to be entertained and to have fun, nothing more. I'm sure I'm the only one but eh.

• Upvote 6

So? I'm sorry but I'm so sick of people going "this will never be a real motorsport!!1!" Like I don't give a rat's hind end about that, I go to be entertained and to have fun, nothing more. I'm sure I'm the only one but eh.

Well, there are lots of motorsports that entertain with competition. I just think that Monster Jam could take some further steps to help make the sport entertaining not just to your average child, but to your average adult as well. Adding the points seasons and removing quad wars helps, but there's just certain steps that could be taken. However, Monster Jam (usually) does a good job with providing fun and entertainment. 

This is why monster truck racing can't be a legitimate motorsport. I mean, say what you will, but you don't see NASCAR promoting their shows by saying "Hendrick Motorsports vs Stewart-Haas Racing!!" I mean, NASCAR and Monster Jam both have teams taking on teams when you think about it, but NASCAR just doesn't turn it into what Monster Jam is making it.

Eh, NASCAR's looked pretty damn fixed or manipulated lately.

#MMJ and FS1 Series are a step in the right direction. I don't like the sounds of this team format, but I'll wait and see more details. I think the closest thing to a "team" race or points format is a constructors/manufactures championship that's really been legitimate.

• Upvote 1

Eh, NASCAR's looked pretty damn fixed or manipulated lately.

#MMJ and FS1 Series are a step in the right direction. I don't like the sounds of this team format, but I'll wait and see more details. I think the closest thing to a "team" race or points format is a constructors/manufactures championship that's really been legitimate.

Don't use logic or facts here.. mmmmm hmmm :D

In my opinion putting bigger names like Metal Mulisha or Monster Energy on trucks helps legitimize the sport. Last year at Eldora, some people were asking Damon as to why they didn't have ME shirts in kids sizes. Pretty obvious as to why.

In my opinion putting bigger names like Metal Mulisha or Monster Energy on trucks helps legitimize the sport. Last year at Eldora, some people were asking Damon as to why they didn't have ME shirts in kids sizes. Pretty obvious as to why.

How does that help legitimize the sport? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the logic here.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, putting a big name behind something helps make it looks professional (most of the time). It shows that it has big sponsors. It also helps attract a different audience. A 6 year old usually won't know what Monster is, but a teen would. Brings a different audience. It's a good mix- trucks like Scooby brings the kids and trucks like MM and ME bring the older audience. It could also be good for the sponsor- I'm sure that Metal Mulisha has gained a larger following because of how Todd is winning Championships. Overall, putting a big name behind a truck helps to make something look professional. If I am a football player wearing Nike jerseys, it would help me look like a professional football player, because you have professional companies behind you.

In my opinion, putting a big name behind something helps make it looks professional (most of the time). It shows that it has big sponsors. It also helps attract a different audience. A 6 year old usually won't know what Monster is, but a teen would. Brings a different audience. It's a good mix- trucks like Scooby brings the kids and trucks like MM and ME bring the older audience. It could also be good for the sponsor- I'm sure that Metal Mulisha has gained a larger following because of how Todd is winning Championships. Overall, putting a big name behind a truck helps to make something look professional. If I am a football player wearing Nike jerseys, it would help me look like a professional football player, because you have professional companies behind you.

I hear ya. I think you should have worded it differently, because having very popular sponsors on board doesn't necessarily make it more "legitimate", but more or less would make it reach out to a broader audience to attract different markets and groups in to watch shows.

Not gonna lie, I do like the sponsor trucks out there, but I wouldn't mind seeing Monster Energy GTFO temporarily after the guy in front of me last week in Vegas

I htink limited the amount of alcohol one can be served would help too.. UNLV made a good amount of $$$ of his ass after his 15 or so beers he bought.. That whole row was just.. ugh.

I was about to knock out the kid behind me because he wouldnt shutup when everyone was booing the judges for bad scores and he would start yelling yes everytime bc he wanted evo to win. Same goes for when a drivers truck shut off on them. Had i been drunk, i probably would have.

• Upvote 1

I was about to knock out the kid behind me because he wouldnt shutup when everyone was booing the judges for bad scores and he would start yelling yes everytime bc he wanted evo to win. Same goes for when a drivers truck shut off on them. Had i been drunk, i probably would have.

How old was this punk?