Driving Set-Ups / Controllers

MarkAlbert1219

Question

Wasn't too sure where to post this since I don't post often, but I was just trying to get some info on how everyone set's up the way they drive...

I am currently running with a Logitech F310 controller and have had some fairly decent success with it. I was happy with it, but I wanted more, so I bought a steering wheel/pedal/shifter combination. Can't remember the brand right now..... 

I'm planning to set it up on my desk similar to how a monster truck cab would be with the steering wheel in the center with the shifter (which I plan to map as the rear steering) on the right. Pedals on the floor obviously. 

Just wondering what everyone else uses that they have found success with, and if they have any pointers that would make the set-up work better.

Any input is appreciated.

Xbox 360 wired controller is what I have used mainly used for racing ROR. I have a G27 that I still need to put some practice time in with but steering wheel feels more natural but a the sametime I feel slower. Might just be placebo effect but I plan on using it regardless for SMRA coming up soon. I run 270-320 degree of rotation on the wheel and have my rear steer mapped to the left and right black buttons on the shifter module and shifting is the top and bottom black buttons (the actual H shifter is meh and I do not like running it as a sequential) 

I use a g27, 900 of rotation with no feedback what so ever. I love it. My rear steer is the two red buttons on the left of the shifter. I change gears with the 4 buttons on top. Cant get dpad to work for some reason. I would you use the dpad for rear steer. Change view with buttons on wheel.

how do u get ur wheel to turn 900?

I use the logitech profiler, made a profile for rigs of rods. You have to browse for the application open icon in the files for the game. Then go to edit, and then go to the bottom one. Change the degrees to 900.

Any questions, add me on steam and lets chat there.

The Chocolate Guy