RIP Tony Ferrell

SybilSixx66

Can'you believe what I'm reading. Tony was killed today by an enraged and intoxicatex vendor at a mud race When the guy picked a fight with someone, then came back in his Toyota 4runner. He struck several other vehicles and 4 people before another driver struck him in an attempt to end his rampage. One of the people he struck died at the scene, two were airlifted, and the fourth was treated at the scene and taken to the hospital by ambulance. His son was reportedly one of the ones injured.

Another of the greats was taken from us today and I hope the person responsible gets what he deserves. Rest in peace Tony, best wishes to his family and a fast and full recovery to his son

Can'you believe what I'm reading. Tony was killed today by an enraged and intoxicatex vendor at a mud race When the guy picked a fight with someone, then came back in his Toyota 4runner. He struck several other vehicles and 4 people before another driver struck him in an attempt to end his rampage. One of the people he struck died at the scene, two were airlifted, and the fourth was treated at the scene and taken to the hospital by ambulance. His son was reportedly one of the ones injured.

Another of the greats was taken from us today and I hope the person responsible gets what he deserves. Rest in peace Tony, best wishes to his family and a fast and full recovery to his son

I hope justice takes him away too, he took away an amazing man before his time. Tony Farrell was an amazing driver and fantastic person, and I know he's up there driving hard with guys like Drew Haygood and Travis Sturges. Rest in peace Tony, you will be remembered as one of the best.

• Upvote 1

R.I.P Tony you were an awesome guy on and off the track, you gave blue thunder a name for itself, and you also drove one of the coolest looking trucks I have ever seen, wild thang, witch will never be the same without you. You will be remembered Tony.  :(

Monster Trucks will never be the same with the man, Tony Farrell. I was always worried on what monster trucks would be like without Dennis Anderson, but with Tony gone, it's just hard to imagine. RIP Tony, I was always a fan since my first Monster Truck show. You may Rest. In. Peace.

To be honest, I almost cried when I watched a few of his runs. His truck will never be the same again :(

Blue Thunder Tribute (not mine, I found it on YouTube):

R.I.P Tony Farrell, aka the "Blue Thunder" of Monster Jam

2005 World Freestyle Runner-up (Lost in a tie breaker with Jim Creten)

God this is... I'm speechless. Never would I have thought that this is how some people would go from the world... God damn it. The thing I'll miss the most is his charisma and effort and his trademark wheelies, hard not to detect Farrell when you see one of those

And the painful irony is, there's all the safety regulations to keep MONSTER TRUCKS from killing people by running over them, meanwhile a monster truck driver is killed while he's away from the sport by some psycho in a PICKUP TRUCK

Oh jeez Tony... Why did it have to be you, why did it have to be anyone? R.I.P.

This is terrible...

You know it's easy to be mad at the guy who took his life, and rightfully so, his careless and selfish actions took away an amazing man, but think about it: Tony was an amazing father, fantastic personality, and legendary driver who will be remembered by hundreds if not thousands of fans and drivers. Meanwhile the person who took it is a low life nobody who will hopefully be spending the rest of his life in prison thinking about what he did and who he took away from us.

The run from his first and only time in Atlanta, and my first ever Monster Jam. It was an honor to see the man at his best and see it live:

Tony had to be one of the coolest, and most kind hearted guys in Monster Jam in the later 2000's. I never met him, but from what I saw of him, he seemed like such a great guy. Will be greatly missed. I hope S.O.B. gets more than a few years for his actions. Let this serve as an example: alcohol and motor vehicals simply don't mix.

Tony had to be one of the coolest, and most kind hearted guys in Monster Jam in the later 2000's. I never met him, but from what I saw of him, he seemed like such a great guy. Will be greatly missed. I hope S.O.B. gets more than a few years for his actions. Let this serve as an example: alcohol and motor vehicals simply don't mix.

Except in the engine...

Anyway I'm more of a later fan of Monster Jam but I did dive deeper into the history of the sport when I came in. Tony was a great driver with plenty of Wow Factors. Sad to see him go.