Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

1914226_1035077373197929_287264333198318

Ryan also has the new "RacePak" Electronic gages for the 2k16 season. The Basl Bros also have them. 

I'm pretty sure Ryan is the first person on the Monster Jam fleet to run electronic gauges. I know all of the King Krunch Race Team trucks, Big Kahuna, and I believe the Ramers run these systems, too.

Wait, this seems different than what King Krunch trucks are running? I saw David Smith has a fully digital panel with all of his switches and gauges, while Ryan just has a RacePak which basically tells you engine RPMs as well as a few other gauges. Idk what the other trucks mentioned are runnin. Unless we were just pointing out that they all have race paks

Edited by NitroMenace

Now that trucks have finally entered the 21st century theres a ton of cool stuff they can do. Take a quick look at the racepak website at the different types of sensors.  

If they use half of those I bet they will end up with a killer truck. Theres a lot to get from what you can see and what the driver feels but if you use the sensors you can learn way more than you ever thought possible. If they are using a Data Logger as I would hope they are( otherwise the dash is really just for looks really) it will be a game changer. 

Another (IMO better) company would be MoTec. They have a crap ton of stuff that would be useful not only for performance but for learning about impacts the drivers suffer (Crash data recorder). Also since Motec makes keypads the end of the notorious 80's looking switch panel could also come to and end(I wouldn't bet on this).  

I really hope data loggers and other useful stuff continue to make their way on to these trucks, its about time the world of monster trucks caught up with everyone else.