World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

17 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

So 3/4 i guessed right. Surprised Brad Allen got the spot.

To be fair, he did finish ahead of his teammate who got in earlier in the points standings but I dunno. Also it's his birthday present since Feld forgot about it and couldn't think of anything.

The last spot is going to be Cam no matter how the points end up. Pablo getting left out year after year is getting old. He's a better driver and has had a better season than 1/2 the people in the field. Plus he's a former world champion, which evidently guarantees you a spot unless your name is Pablo. Did Pablo kick Mr. Feld's dog or something? Why do they hate him so much?

#FreePablo2018

Feld is a trend here lol. I am starting a cult. The only reason i wouldn't want Pablo to get the spot is bc 6 Diggers with the EXACT SAME PAINT would get old so fast (Feld is too cheap to customize them).  However, he gets snubbed EVERY YEAR, just like Chuck. So Disappointed...

13 minutes ago, ARF said:

Then let him drive Black Smith just for the WF or spread the talent out better so 5 of the 10 best drivers in Monster Jam aren't Grave Digger drivers

And that's what used to happen. But with this new "Unscripted, unedited, unforgettable" BKT bullcrap era of Monster Jam, they are running 4 stadium tours and like 5 arena tours. With a Digger at EVERY SINGLE SHOW, Feld just watches the money roll in off of merch. It's cheaper for Feld to only really have 21 different trucks at WF (bc 5/32 are diggers, 4/32 are Max D's, 2/32 are Mutants etc). Right now, they're just paying for the bare minimum. It costs less to have 5 Digger bodies made instead of 5 unique trucks. If they had each driver drive a different truck it'd cost them more money but make the fans happy. Sadly, it's not about the fans anymore. It's about the bang for their buck.

30 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

And that's what used to happen. But with this new "Unscripted, unedited, unforgettable" BKT bullcrap era of Monster Jam, they are running 4 stadium tours and like 5 arena tours. With a Digger at EVERY SINGLE SHOW, Feld just watches the money roll in off of merch. It's cheaper for Feld to only really have 21 different trucks at WF (bc 5/32 are diggers, 4/32 are Max D's, 2/32 are Mutants etc). Right now, they're just paying for the bare minimum. It costs less to have 5 Digger bodies made instead of 5 unique trucks. If they had each driver drive a different truck it'd cost them more money but make the fans happy. Sadly, it's not about the fans anymore. It's about the bang for their buck.

Did your brother get into your account again? Asking cause you are saying the same stuff you were in the question about after show at monster jam thread

• Upvote 1

@Brad Kerlin No. These are my own views. I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but I'm putting my thoughts out there. That's what forums are for... And the thing that angers me is that it's true. Feldzilla (it's new nickname) is ruining it. Name a reason why they need 6 Grave Diggers instead of 32 trucks. Pretty soon it's gonna be 8 Grave Diggers, 4 El Toros, 3 Mohawk Warriors, 10 Max D's,  4 Mutants, and 3 Monster Mutt's. We are already not too far away. Like i said. I don't wanna put my views on you, I just wanted to throw it out there. I'm sure someone agrees with me... And I guarantee you this year's track won't be anything but dirt plateaus and like 2 crush cars. The wow factor there is gone. Remember when you used to turn on World Finals on Pay Per View (another long gone thing Feld stopped) and be amazed that trucks were jumping oil trailers, smashing campers, ice cream trucks, and huge School Busses? The outrageously cool obstacles and track paint (devil at WF9, Cards on triple at WFX) that you could ONLY find at the World Finals? Or the giant triple the trucks would always try to clear? That's what made the event special.  No. Now it's just different levels of dirt. By the end of the field, it's just a giant sandpit of rounded humps of dirt. No cars, or anything. Sad. It used to be a really challenging track meant to be conquered by only the best drivers. Now it's just a dirt pit that anyone can run, even the rookies, as we see this year. #Bringbacktheoldfinals

2 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

@Brad Kerlin No. These are my own views. I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but I'm putting my thoughts out there. That's what forums are for... And the thing that angers me is that it's true. Feldzilla (it's new nickname) is ruining it. Name a reason why they need 6 Grave Diggers instead of 32 trucks. Pretty soon it's gonna be 8 Grave Diggers, 4 El Toros, 3 Mohawk Warriors, 10 Max D's,  4 Mutants, and 3 Monster Mutt's. We are already not too far away. Like i said. I don't wanna put my views on you, I just wanted to throw it out there. I'm sure someone agrees with me...

If every single person driving one of the 8 Grave Diggers, 4 El Toros, 3 Mohawk Warriors, 10 Max-Ds, 4 Mutants, and 3 Monster Mutts knows how to burn it down every single night, make every race a nail biter, make every freestyle one of the most incredible things I've ever seen, come up with more ways than one to make this one of the most exciting things I've been apart of, then I don't see how there is a problem.

@Brad Kerlin And sadly that's just not the case. Everything is too predictable. Drivers who "burn it down" every night can't. The obstacles are not progressing. Tracks on the stadium tours used to differ. Just go back and look at the tracks in say 2010. There was variety. You could do tricks, but drivers could "burn it down" by using what the event had and doing cool things no one had seen before. Now, "burning it down" is basically jumping high and doing moonwalks. Oh, and by the way, you could do a popper on a car stack. You could get huge air off of the triple at Vegas. You could corkscrew off a backflip ramp if provided. Heck, you could do one even without a backflip ramp (Mcqueen, Jacksonville 2010). It's basically become motorcross for monster trucks. It's exciting for maybe 20 minutes. Then the tricks become monotonous. The same thing over and over. I want variety. I don't want to see a digger beat a digger, move on and beat another digger, move on and beat another, then win. No. I miss when trucks were unique, and drivers  tried their hardest to win. Now they don't worry because they're guaranteed to have a paycheck at the end of the day whether they win or lose simply because they have a contract with Feldzilla. Also, it costs more to have school busses, cars, and campers. So what's the easiest and cheapest? Dirt. And that creates boring freestyles. Oh look. He jumped the pad for the 8th time.! Yay!