Sim Monsters
NitroMenace

Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

7 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

Silly me, how could I forget we humans can have opinions. Anyways as the competition manager (at least as your bio says.) and please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only using google as a source for a job description here, in a basic sense, you help create and run the events? So it would behoove you to up-sell the idea and dispel the rumors? Especially in a public forum such as SM. Regardless of your actual opinion, because I don't care one bit about it. Anything you say here will be directly linked to the company you represent, so I shouldn't reasonably assume that anything you say here has corporate biased built into it even if it is a minute amount? Also, just for future reference, two L's in the name next time you want to type it out, looks kinda funky with one L. 

My bad fam, Will* 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

It's hilarious how many people nice lady and moan that the sport needs to evolve and when Feld does something they scream NOT LIKE THAT! I guarantee you if it was Monster Throwdown, MLMT, or All Star Monster Trucks doing this people would be praising them.

Not only do I doubt this, but your argument is very narrow-minded. You're acting like people can either want any possible innovation/evolution at all, or none whatsoever, when most people are making clear arguments of what they do and don't want and aren't talking about absolutes.

I think four trucks running two different races all at once is definitely a bad idea.. It reminds me of why tandem freestyles were nixed, one of them being that it's too difficult to focus on multiple trucks at once unless they're all doing the same thing. It just turns into an assault on your senses and not to mention, doesn't serve any real purpose or fix any issues.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, JackMProductions said:

Not only do I doubt this, but your argument is very narrow-minded. You're acting like people can either want any possible innovation/evolution at all, or none whatsoever, when most people are making clear arguments of what they do and don't want and aren't talking about absolutes.

I think four trucks running two different races all at once is definitely a bad idea.. It reminds me of why tandem freestyles were nixed, one of them being that it's too difficult to focus on multiple trucks at once unless they're all doing the same thing. It just turns into an assault on your senses and not to mention, doesn't serve any real purpose or fix any issues.

Y'all are right, I'm just a little ticked at the hate on something that may or may not be a cool feature before giving it a shot. 

-Eric  

This 4 truck racing format was the stupidest thing to come out of the brains of Feld Entertainment. Can we just have 1 on 1 racing? I know that it was one night only but damn, these people paid their hard earned money to be entertained, and all that did was confuse them, including me. Incredibly stupid. Also, there is wall protection, and rows of seats are covered. Let Ryan run into the wall protection to save it... It's just a shipping container.

1 hour ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

This 4 truck racing format was the stupidest thing to come out of the brains of Feld Entertainment. Can we just have 1 on 1 racing? I know that it was one night only but damn, these people paid their hard earned money to be entertained, and all that did was confuse them, including me. Incredibly stupid. Also, there is wall protection, and rows of seats are covered. Let Ryan run into the wall protection to save it... It's just a shipping container.

They've got floor level seats/tables behind those containers, they probably didn't want it to get pushed into them and cause any damage

MUpgLye.png

I knew the superfans were going hard in the paint on facebook over the 4 truck race deal but I am gonna just see myself out
200.gif

• Upvote 2

Another issue I noticed with the 4 truck racing is how when Brodozer spun out, Hurricane Force wasn't able to complete his race properly, to no fault of his own. I don't think that's fair to the other driver who isn't able to finish their race because of what happened to a completely different truck.

Here's a clip of what I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, JackMProductions said:

Another issue I noticed with the 4 truck racing is how when Brodozer spun out, Hurricane Force wasn't able to complete his race properly, to no fault of his own. I don't think that's fair to the other driver who isn't able to finish their race because of what happened to a completely different truck.

Here's a clip of what I'm talking about.

Hurricane completed the race just before he colliding with Brodozer

13 minutes ago, Swegliner849 said:

Hurricane completed the race just before he colliding with Brodozer

Ah, you're right about that. I only saw the isolated clip on Instagram of the incident and thought that clip was it. That being said, Brodozer could have still done the same thing in any other spot before Hurricane completed his run, like in one of the turns where he's rolled before. Even if the race was already over for Hurricane, them almost colliding is still not okay.

5 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Was that the glowing rear driveshaft that flew out of GD? I saw Adam post something on Instagram about it. 

rear brake rotor got hot enough to fail

I can understand Feld's necessity to innovate. I completely do. It's just that i wish there was a little more thought into these "innovations". BTW, what's going on with Feld and BKT's contract? Are they finally gone?

BIG PHAT EDIT...

Do any of y'all know the coupon code that they're giving for tickets at Great Clips? My nearest one is 130 miles away lol.

15 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

BTW, what's going on with Feld and BKT's contract? Are they finally gone?

What’s your source for this? Trucks are still runnin BKTs, and they’re still listed on the website down by the sponsors...

9 hours ago, steiale said:

What’s your source for this? Trucks are still runnin BKTs, and they’re still listed on the website down by the sponsors...

The original press release when the contract was signed said "through 2018". Heres the source: https://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20140311/NEWS/140319976/bkt-hooks-up-with-monster-jam

"Feld Motor Sports Inc., the promoter of the Monster Jam series of “monster truck” competitions, has named BKT Tires the series’ official tire and BKT’s producer Balkrishna Industries Ltd. the exclusive tire sponsor through 2018.

The contract, for which no value was disclosed, allows BKT to have an on-site presence at more than 350 Monster Jam events produced annually in more than 100 cities in North America, as well as the growing international Monster Jam tour."

Which means by 2019 the contract either had to be extended or a new one made. They might go out quietly.

23 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

The original press release when the contract was signed said "through 2018". Heres the source: https://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20140311/NEWS/140319976/bkt-hooks-up-with-monster-jam

"Feld Motor Sports Inc., the promoter of the Monster Jam series of “monster truck” competitions, has named BKT Tires the series’ official tire and BKT’s producer Balkrishna Industries Ltd. the exclusive tire sponsor through 2018.

The contract, for which no value was disclosed, allows BKT to have an on-site presence at more than 350 Monster Jam events produced annually in more than 100 cities in North America, as well as the growing international Monster Jam tour."

Which means by 2019 the contract either had to be extended or a new one made. They might go out quietly.

Considering Spin Masters have BKTs on the diecasts, and next years truck renderings have them too, I think it’s safe that you’ll still get to hear Ryan LaCosse talk about how every truck recovers or doesn’t get back onto all 4 BKT tires.