Monster Truck Video Thread

Tom P.

So about that offensive sponsors thread? That's disrespectful, definitely offensive, and arrogant yet it accessible. So why are thy limited to what they can and cannot post here?

You have be given the password to the Garage Talk section to access it which would not make it "publicly accessible" now would it?

• Upvote 3

If you have to take down those videos, you have to take down Blair's video of Nicole from a few weeks ago in the Silly Season Thread that no one had an issue with whatsoever.

EDIT: Or even Klayton saying that Bigfoot sucks literally one page back, that is, if you really don't want to offend people or give a "bad name" to the site.

• Upvote 3

I agree the videos are disrespectful, look at it this way Ryan and Adam are members on this site (along with other drivers I'm sure) do you think they want to see those parody videos of Dennis? No. The crash that Donald has was down right scary I see no reason at all to make fun of it. Anyway my point is if this site is trying to get more members then don't ya think we shouldn't be letting stupid videos like this being posted on a public forum? What if Donald want's to get into ROR and he see's that video on here? Don't ya think it would draw people away? Common sense pretty much says yes... I don't care if you agree with me or not I'm just stating what I think is best for the site.

This world has too many sick minded people on it nowadays. I can see why such a video was made but in all honesty society has been going down hill. I'm sorry to get alittle off topic here but there are too many sick jokes(most of the time to do with adultry). I mean no offence to anyone on here im just stating my opinion.

The world is a sad place and I understand it was just a joke, I just honestly don't think it's appropriate for the site. Think of it like this If you had a monster truck and you just went through Donald went through I think you would be pissed if someone made a parody of a very scary accident you were just involved in. Not to mention the amount of $$$ in damages that the truck suffered.

If you have to take down those videos, you have to take down Blair's video of Nicole from a few weeks ago in the Silly Season Thread that no one had an issue with whatsoever.

EDIT: Or even Klayton saying that Bigfoot sucks literally one page back, that is, if you really don't want to offend people or give a "bad name" to the site.

Video was posted in February so that was hardly a few weeks ago, I had no idea it was even posted on here, so that was fixed.

It is easy to throw out the ridiculously extreme  "well if you wont allow this then why do you allow that" perception using completely different ends of the spectrum as examples. Those video posts had a large amount of off topic and deleted posts pertaining to them. My rule of thumb is those posts get pruned to save the aggravation of having to constantly clean up after them. If I leave them people get upset and if delete them people get upset. If I delete it without posting a reason it pisses people off and even when I give a reason it still does. If Klayton's post followed this path then ya, it would have been removed. This is why the SYP gets pruned randomly and causes people to throw their arms up when the stupidest of comments get deleted but others are left up.

As for the site having a "bad name" I would like to think that it is not even comparable to how the site was a few years ago, this forum is about as PG-13 and mellow as they come.Now if everyone would like to move on that would be wonderful.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...