Venting Time

Metallica530

Just need to blow off some steam so, here it goes.

Been noticing a lot of disrespect to other players on the other server besides CIFPO. Here's and example.

Enter the server, taking Rap Attack out for a run at Milwaukee.  Within 2 minutes of enter, I get guys yelling at me, and I quote, "Get the {Insert F Word Here} off the track!" I clearly explain that I was not running with them, nor was I doing anything to interfere with the drivers that were on the track.  Shortly after, I received 4/5 votes to kick me from the server.  I then left voluntarily, as my temper was getting up there.

This is just one example of countless other acts I've seen recently, one involving RockCrawlr coming into the server to talk to the few who where being rude.

I know I am not an admin, and probably never will be, but non the less, I urge you few out there to clean up your acts.  This site and Rigs of Rods was meant for people to enjoy driving games and hang-out with friends, not yell at people and force us to create posts such as this one.

I hope this does help out with this problem and stop cases like this in the future, and please, don't mind me venting.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I almost got kicked from a server because of stupid reasons. I get trashed almost every time I go onto any public server. Even in chat rooms I face the same problems. I don't understand this community. I can't figure out if it's just immaturity or just bad people. Hopefully we can all just come together and have fun sometime. :/

I know that my server does that, I will be carefully watching the log to find if people are doing it for a good reason. I may just take that power off if it becomes often. I do know that my server censors certain words, which is a plus.

The people on this site, such as admins, and all the members that I see daily are good people, it's just the people that have been on for a shorter time, and yes, the 12 year olds, that think they can get away with anything are the problem.  I do recommend taking the kick feature away, as 1 person can vote 5 times and get that person kicked by themselves.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I almost got kicked from a server because of stupid reasons. I get trashed almost every time I go onto any public server. Even in chat rooms I face the same problems. I don't understand this community. I can't figure out if it's just immaturity or just bad people. Hopefully we can all just come together and have fun sometime. :/

Hayley, i think it's just because we're not used to having a girl on this site. This place is a sausage fest xD and i guess we're just warming up to having to clean up our "guy-ish" acts. I'm truly sorry i was such a jerk, i really didn't mean it. I'm just used to hanging out with my buddies and playfully talking trash while i'm in the server.

This is why I don't even bother going to cifpo anymore, the fact majority of the people there are the kids we've banned from here for being underage (12 or younger) or people with massive attitude issues. Also Rock does his best to keep the server in line when he has the time, but the majority of server admins are on the older side work jobs or have college and aren't on when this happen.  Sim Monsters once again has nothing to do with CIFPO or its server, so when people vent here it's kind of useless to a point as we can't do anything except for possibly Rock, I honestly don't even remember whom the server admins are on it anymore because It's been that long since I've gone on there.

But I'll be honest I went on there last night for the first time in possibly 2 months?  Was was preceded to be told to get off the server because a fun run was being held and I was taking up a spot for someone that neeeded to be on a server (I do not use my sim monsters name for obvious reasons), last time I checked it was a public server not an private server and anyone could be there at any point, having fun at any track that they want.  There is a reason why there is a tutorial on here on how to host your own private server for your own fun runs.

• Upvote 2

That's no excuse for sexually harassing me though. This isn't 4chan or anything like that. There's rules to be followed and hopefully the rules that are upheld on S=M can be followed on multiplayer servers too. 

• Upvote 3

Precisely Eric.  I do understand we have limited control over this matter, but it's just a darn shame that parents can't keep their own children in check anymore.  I know probably 3 guys in my grade that have been suspender once in the past 2 years, and 1 guy that got in trouble for gran theft auto.  So yeah, this should be an example of how poorly taught this generation is.  It's not everyone out there, but some people do need atitude adjustments.

That's no excuse for sexually harassing me though. This isn't 4chan or anything like that. There's rules to be followed and hopefully the rules that are upheld on S=M can be followed on multiplayer servers too. 

Then I would private message rock, and tell him whom it was that said it, and he would take care of it.  We try to do our best, like I said the people that are on those servers are not here for obvous reason and doing our best to talk to those server hosts to get rid of there.

• Upvote 1

Best advice I can give is to stay away from certain servers sadly though there is pretty much only one public one, but if I ever move to an area with much better internet options I'll gladly host a server for you wonderful people since that doesn't have too much to do with me being able to play the game. B)

-Edit: One thing I used to do when I came across that type of behavior was to take a screenshot of it and save it an online source...but mostly because some of it can be funny (ALT+F4's etc).

Edited by RKM

Hayley, what i said was in no way, shape, or form sexual harassment if you want to get technical about it. Listen, i want to be mature about this instead of posting here where everyone can see. I'm sorry you took my joke so personally, believe me, if i knew it would have offended you i would have never frickin said it! I know people right now are looking at this and saying "WTF?" Can you send me a message and we can work this out? If we end up having to avoid each other, ok, but let's be mature about it. This is getting to be worse than Tumblr.....

Hayley, what i said was in no way, shape, or form sexual harassment if you want to get technical about it. Listen, i want to be mature about this instead of posting here where everyone can see. I'm sorry you took my joke so personally, believe me, if i knew it would have offended you i would have never frickin said it! I know people right now are looking at this and saying "WTF?" Can you send me a message and we can work this out? If we end up having to avoid each other, ok, but let's be mature about it. This is getting to be worse than Tumblr.....

I'm going to come off as sort of an a-hole here but have you noticed you are always posting this telling everyone to take it to private messaging whether it be AIM, Facebook, PM here or whatever but I always see you posting almost the exact same thing a few times a month. Maybe you should take your own advice and initialize the effort before bringing it to the forefront of a topic instead of posting what everyone else should do.

• Upvote 2

No this is not 4chan but once again I have to reiterate, the public servers are not controlled by any mod or admin on here. We have zero authority of what goes on there as such, this is no way condoning the actions by people on this site but even I was told rather rudely to leave CIFPO last night because they were running a fun run event on a public server, even using my real name. It is what it is, if you guys have a issue with the public servers:

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/topic/3136-how-to-host-a-private-ror-server/

locking this thread now