World Finals XV Discussion

Travis

Let's do the math....

If the previous record was 237.5 feet, that makes it 79.1 yards.

Judging by the picture, these appear to be the dimensions (lengthwise) of the jump.

7AvS1.png

Going off of the length of the football field, the obstacle is roughly 65 yards (195 feet) long.

So in order to clear the obstacle, Joe Sylvester would need to jump at least 195 feet.

However, there's still quite a bit of room between the end of the obstacle and the backflip ramp. Appearing to be an additional 20 yards.

This would total up to be 85 yards. Or 255 feet. 

Assuming that Joe can somehow gain the speed to clear the obstacle (nitrous?), he would still have to fly at least 43 more feet in order to beat the record,

before flying into the backflip ramp and breaking another world record by performing a triple backflip.

If my math is right and there's enough space available for speed, Joe Sylvester has a good chance this year to make it onto the front of the World Finals XV DVD.

• Upvote 6

As much as I hate to see the monorail go, I will say that they'd otherwise be sitting in a junk yard, those models are all being replaced with newer ones soon (AFAIK could be wrong), so I guess we can look at it as one last time for the old monorail to give people joy.

EDIT: I researched this. That's a Mk. IV Disney World Monorail, that when retired was bought for use by the city of Las Vegas. After years of use, Las Vegas started to use newer monorails an left the two Disney ones they own out in the elements for a few years. Monster jam seems to have bought this one as one last hurrah for it. seems like it had a great life. 

LV022303kb08.jpg

• Upvote 2

i hope the containers are smash-able and not like last year cause the backflips sucked (madusa lol) scotts backflip had to be the greatest backflip I have ever seen...and meents didn't have air in both front tires and not enough speed either to do it...they need to just have a regular dirt obstacle backflip like the POD shows...other then that...that wall looks like the damn fences from the sandlot movies...and they look like they will fall over vaaaaaaary easily...hope Pablo doesn't go hit em and park it like he did 10 years ago hahhaa