World Finals XV Discussion

Travis

FELD would make amazing things (game wise) if they put money into it. If they did that then they would make more money. The owner the trucks and can't even make a good looking model or physics for one. I can understand the photoshop thing because they want be to get excited for WF15, but there Console and IOS games SUCK.

FELD would make amazing things (game wise) if they put money into it. If they did that then they would make more money. The owner the trucks and can't even make a good looking model or physics for one. I can understand the photoshop thing because they want be to get excited for WF15, but there Console and IOS games SUCK.

games are bloody expensive make. Just think of a full studio of your big budget game companies, remember the credits list from the last super duper title?

yeah, each one of those names hoovers up at the very least, 40 bucks an hour, five days a week, sometimes more, for four years. That is a big pile of money, and there's no garuntee it'll be earned back when the game sells.

You could say that "yeah  movie studios do too yo" but the difference is that

A) Movies have a much larger audience, in the same way that theatre had a much larger audience when films were still pretty young. By extention, more people = more possible consumers which means better mathematical odds of return on investment

B) a majority of film jobs are actually minimum wage jobs, and anyone who had anything to do with the film pretty much is legally obliged to have their name tacked on. Every guy in charge of sammiches, every runner sprinting down to studio to pick up some tiny little bit of kit that was forgotten, every meathead humping light rigs around. All cheap labor, for much shorter amounts of time.

C) In racing sims, you need to start bringing in hyper high brow mathematicians, coders, physics professors and you need to test on real cars at real tracks, both of which you need to rent/own, and again, for very long times, and all of which at very high dollar.

So yeah, games are expensive, and i'm pretty sure the top suit bags at FELD think their entire audience is under the age of two, and therefore don't see the value in investing in a really expensive racing sim, which will need hyper peculiar engine work done just for it, to sell to an audience they don't think exists. Sad but true, nothing can be done

The whole thing was that they were gonna build the freestyle track after Friday night racing....... Way to uphold your word FELD.

Please tell me you're joking. Do you realize how long it takes to build a track? Especially the size and scope of a World Finals? Its literally a track they've never built before every year, it takes longer than just overnight.

• Upvote 1

Please tell me you're joking. Do you realize how long it takes to build a track? Especially the size and scope of a World Finals? Its literally a track they've never built before every year, it takes longer than just overnight.

I know. I just hate that they kept advertising that they were gonna have 1 track specifically for racing and 1 for freestyle. Plus that track looks too cluttered in the first place. Too many obstacles. And i know it takes a while to build tracks. I have always wanted to help build a track.

Feld's dirt crew guys had to start moving in dirt last Wednesday, so this isn't just your average track (even though it kind of is in some senses)! These guys are far from your small promotions, where they just carve away at piles of dirt until the ramp looks good enough. They measure the length, angles, width, height, and more for each one of those ramps. They may have advertised two totally different tracks for racing and freestyle, they have to get a base started for practice, qualifying, and racing day so come freestyle day, they can add on top of where they started. But ultimately, they need to get all the permanent obstacles built come practice day, then freestyle day is when they can adjust ramp angles, ramp heights, and add cars, vans, RVs, and other crap out there at their and the drivers' discretion.