Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

Does Paul Schafer still own anything Captain USA related? The only reason I'm asking that is because to me it seems that the Groth brothers own it, but if you play the Monster Truck Destruction game on on a tablet, you'll notice how that game is split up into a couple teams: anything Bigfoot, Paul Schafer's trucks (if you go on his website, you'll also notice how he owns Wild Thang, Carolina Crusher, Monster Patrol, Rampage (used to), Boogey Van,Captain USA, and Bearfoot, all of which are playable in the game, however, he doesn't own Boogey Van, Captain USA, or Rampage), Everett Jasmer's USA-1's, Straight Up Racing, and some indys. So, how can a game get rights to use a truck from someone that doesn't even own it? And I doubt that they got the rights from the Groth brothers; if they did, they'd probably add Double Trouble (which isn't in the game, either)

Does Paul Schafer still own anything Captain USA related? The only reason I'm asking that is because to me it seems that the Groth brothers own it, but if you play the Monster Truck Destruction game on on a tablet, you'll notice how that game is split up into a couple teams: anything Bigfoot, Paul Schafer's trucks (if you go on his website, you'll also notice how he owns Wild Thang, Carolina Crusher, Monster Patrol, Rampage (used to), Boogey Van,Captain USA, and Bearfoot, all of which are playable in the game, however, he doesn't own Boogey Van, Captain USA, or Rampage), Everett Jasmer's USA-1's, Straight Up Racing, and some indys. So, how can a game get rights to use a truck from someone that doesn't even own it? And I doubt that they got the rights from the Groth brothers; if they did, they'd probably add Double Trouble (which isn't in the game, either)

The name Captain USA is not owned by anyone at all. Anyone that wants to use the name can use it without any legal issues. The Groth Brothers NEVER owned that name, nor has Captain USA ever belonged to them. That name wasn't even their idea to use. Captain USA is still owned and always was owned by Jeff Bainter and Travis Groth drove it for only a few years. The Groth brothers do own Double Trouble and just paired up with Jeff Bainter to run a 2 truck deal for only a few years. The Captain USA in the game is because Jeff Bainter gave the game permission to use his truck. The Groth brothers really don't have much say with that truck seeing as it was never theirs, it was all Jeff's deal.

So here's some things that have gone down as of recent:

Midnight Rider officially debuted last weekend:

10153954_10150430865454975_1378007092894

New look for Xtreme Whiplash called Twisted Addiction:

10405225_10150432403869975_6503545467062

Slick and Ace also debuted minus a body:

34.jpg

Charlotte is coming together nicely for this weekend:

1617735_659537130824274_6455996336830525

And also the monsters return to Route 66 Speedway for the first time in 6 years:

10547651_728735720526312_659535047770574

• Upvote 2