Show Your Projects Chapter 35

Klayton

More trucks for my bucket!

2820515.png

It just runned at Monterrey and Mexico City events last year so yeah...

6983525.png

May like to say that last one is a custom im using for ROR - MO... and that all was handpainted on the New Insigators 

#Don'tWorryTheyWillBeRelasedSomeday<3

HO. LEE. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPOPPPPPPPP

Since when was it illegal to have more than one person make a version of the same truck? In MTM2, that was not only allowed, but encouraged! Geez...

I don't know, maybe I'm an old fool clinging to outdated ideals but I still think...

• Upvote 5

Since when was it illegal to have more than one person make a version of the same truck? In MTM2, that was not only allowed, but encouraged! Geez...

I don't know, maybe I'm an old fool clinging to outdated ideals but I still think...

You are not the only one. I think people should make whatever they want. Just because one person made a track or truck, doesn't mean someone else can't make it.

• Upvote 3

No I completely understand, but mine was just uploaded and I could have given him credit for his work, I don't it's just me, makes me angry when I work really hard on something then some pretty much does the exact same thing as me just with a little update and claims it as theirs. Same chassis, same props just a little bit more lexan and floorboards. Don't take this the wrong way Davy, it looks great, it's just my opinion.

No I completely understand, but mine was just uploaded and I could have given him credit for his work, I don't it's just me, makes me angry when I work really hard on something then some pretty much does the exact same thing as me just with a little update and claims it as theirs. Same chassis, same props just a little bit more lexan and floorboards. Don't take this the wrong way Davy, it looks great, it's just my opinion.

I understand where you're coming from but isn't that exactly what you did with your version? It's fine to be upset or annoyed but it isn't the greatest idea to go on the forums and complain about it. If you want my opinion I'm 100% for improving what we have for the better of everyone but don't turn into one of those hoarders with 50+ different items that you don't want to share but also note that in doing so kind of revokes you're right to go around putting down someone's hard work to try and improve upon something we already have. If you can or have done something better than I have, show me and share it with everyone by making it available for all of us to use don't just go around saying you've done this or that if you have no intentions of ever allowing anyone but yourself to use it.

I don't wanna say a lot connor but I started with a empty chassis out of outlawed's pack. It's not your chassis but MY OWN ONE.

Cheez what a bullshit about that I made a truck you also made...

If you want to get technical about it the chassis would still be considered Outlawed's however MTM2 was what it was because people constantly made the same things and improved where someone else left off and as long as they got credit in the form of text on the download section or in the actual .zip file no one really had any problems with it. Towards what I would classify as the transition to RoR a lot of the well known MTM2 creators started to get really touchy about their stuff and not just being converted to RoR but to the very community in which they were a rather large contributor, I'd prefer to not see that happen again.

A lot of the comments I see about why a certain body or other item aren't perfect often come from those that refuse to share or release any of the things they've made and to me that is starting to seem like it's done on purpose just so they can comment complaining about something rather than trying to help everyone improve little by little. If you don't want to share something I completely understand but if that is the case you need to stop acting like you're better than everyone else because you have something no one else does. It's also somewhat strange to me how a lot of the things I've made years ago are still commonly used but almost always are the first complaints that come out, could the be better? Yes. Am I working on making better items for everyone to use? Yes. When I made all of the things I did it was simply because no one else seemed like they were going to and so far not many of those items have been improved by someone else. One of the greatest things added to this site since I've been here is the scrapyard section under downloads which I recall asking for a long time ago but it seems that not everyone is using it to it's full potential so let's get started with changing that.

**Disclaimer: My comments above are not directed at anyone in particular, you are entitled to your own opinion as am I.

• Upvote 10

Now since RKM said that i think this is in order. Make what you want how YOU want it. No matter how little the changes someone will like it. No matter how many of a truck there is. (side note there are a crap ton of Diggers in mtm2) Just have fun we are all here sharing a love for monster trucks, and gaming. Lets not battle cause someone wanted to make the same truck with some changes.

So now back to sharing our work. And give good advice to each other on how to improve. And to accept when some criticizes your work and make future changes to better your self.

• Upvote 8