Show Your Projects Chapter 35

Klayton

Smooth them tires with an edge split Jon

New knuckles for SUD. Was going to make a thread for it but I guess it's taking up too much space on the site.

adda976f0e.jpg

c294dfdffc.jpg

9e47e07421.jpg

600169621b.jpg

Finally, a realistic knuckle!! Awesome stuff!

Both the axle assembly and Overbored look amazing. One quick question about the axle assembly though. I know everything that is apart of an axle assembly, but what is the exact name for the part that goes between the knuckle and the planetary? I know it spins and turns with the wheel because it bolts to it, but what is the exact name for it?

Progress!!

Got basically everything modeled for Overbored, just gotta add the teather things for the sway bars! Thanks to Andrew Sheets for the body, and headers! And a thanks to Rockcrwlr for the idea for the extra detail, around the swaybar, and swaybar mounts! makes a big difference!

Also some new parts, like a new SCS Gearbox is modeled! This should be the final stage before painting and texturing begins!

Enjoy! :)

Looks wicked!

I do have a question, will you have just the version with the thicker tread purple rim tires? Or will there also be a version with the slicker grey tires?

538041_631752753544708_1368889913_n.jpg

Both the axle assembly and Overbored look amazing. One quick question about the axle assembly though. I know everything that is apart of an axle assembly, but what is the exact name for the part that goes between the knuckle and the planetary? I know it spins and turns with the wheel because it bolts to it, but what is the exact name for it?

You mean the section the wheel tether is wrapped around?

BTW the axle looks spectacular, as does Overboard.

what is the exact name for the part that goes between the knuckle and the planetary?

The space right behind the planetary is support for the tether. The ring going around the outside of the tether support is just a spacer between the steering knuckle and the wheel tether so the tether won't get damaged, and it's where the spindle sits. The space between the spacer and the knuckle is just there as space because inside that is the outer axle.

iwWWVXZ.png

Auu5see.png

VolqNDh.png

IT'S DONE!!!! Huge thanks to Mark Colineri for the paint. Andrew Sheets made the body. Daniel Donnelly put the props on the chassis and put this truck together. Enjoy!!!

EDIT: I'd also give credit to Edy (Cocunutmen) for uv mapping the body as well.

• Upvote 8

The space right behind the planetary is just a support for the tether. The ring going around the outside of the tether support is just a spacer between the steering knuckle and the wheel tether so the tether won't get damaged. The space between the spacer and the knuckle is just there as space because inside that is the outer axle.

Thanks Donnelly. That's the only part of a monster truck axle assembly I was a little sketchy on.