Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

landing on cars seems a little dangerous to me. but o well.

Exact opposite of what you're thinking... he's protected in that cab from debris with the Lexan and visor on the helmet, so he's good. It's a very soft landing for the truck from a high jump like that, plus adding in the downward force from the front axle from doing a fast forward rotation like that, cars will help cushion that impact even more.

New truck called Goin' Big (or Go N Big, not sure how it's spelled):

11025629_1598738717059787_33924248410552

God, I hope they valved those shocks properly... that truck will probably ride nice and stiff if they're running upper 200s on pressure...

Exact opposite of what you're thinking... he's protected in that cab from debris with the Lexan and visor on the helmet, so he's good. It's a very soft landing for the truck from a high jump like that, plus adding in the downward force from the front axle from doing a fast forward rotation like that, cars will help cushion that impact even more.

Didn't realize his motocross helmet had a visor.

11334252_10153478151675676_6725424920873

• Upvote 3

Damn, I forgot he used a motocross helmet. Liquids are cool, too...

Yeah the 20mp image is bitchin, you can zoom into the glasses and see what he's seein lol.

• Upvote 1

New driver/owner of Illuminator is Jeffery Gottwald out of Atlanta, his first show was this past weekend:

11350404_675015005965570_453931037383624

Hopefully I get to see them sometime later this year, the Maryville show is only a couple hours away and it would be fitting since that was Jay's last show with the truck.

Also newcomer Rick Steffens will be taking the reigns of the original five finger death punch Samson this summer:

11391396_10155662671885051_2775371102528

Sorry for the missing pics, (using a phone) but the guys at Quad Chaos has posts pics of the new trucks truck's hoods. The cab looks to be a yellow Dodge Ram. Excited for how it turns out!

Sorry for the missing pics, (using a phone) but the guys at Quad Chaos has posts pics of the new trucks truck's hoods. The cab looks to be a yellow Dodge Ram. Excited for how it turns out!

It's the new dump truck body that they'll be running on the former Park Patrol chassis. I know Jerry Beck (the owner) was asking around for ideas on names, but I don't know what's happening with that now.