Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Even though the overall colors are exactly the same as the original, the body style I just do not understand. Just because FELD doesn't have a Chevy truck body mold (unless I am not aware of one) doesn't mean putting a body style like this on an old school truck. That is just my opinion, I would not mess with an original.

I mean i get the hype over it but I don't like the scheme, but it is a throwback and whatever so I can't really say anything. Not expecting anything spectacular performance wise either but its good for Gary.

Edited by Thargo

Even though the overall colors are exactly the same as the original, the body style I just do not understand. Just because FELD doesn't have a Chevy truck body mold (unless I am not aware of one) doesn't mean putting a body style like this on an old school truck. That is just my opinion, I would not mess with an original.

Even if Feld didn't own an old school Chevrolet pick-up fiberglass mold, they could have gotten a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado mold straight from GTS Fiberglass for around $3500 brand new. I don't mind the fact that they kept the best looking Carolina Crusher scheme and threw it on the Captain America mold, and I like that they stuck with a red chassis (should have done red beadlocks, too); but I think it would have looked better on an updated Chevy pick-up body, just to stick to a somewhat nostalgic feel by keeping them name on a Chevy.

Even if Feld didn't own an old school Chevrolet pick-up fiberglass mold, they could have gotten a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado mold straight from GTS Fiberglass for around $3500 brand new. I don't mind the fact that they kept the best looking Carolina Crusher scheme and threw it on the Captain America mold, and I like that they stuck with a red chassis (should have done red beadlocks, too); but I think it would have looked better on an updated Chevy pick-up body, just to stick to a somewhat nostalgic feel by keeping them name on a Chevy.

Well they went out of their way to make Man of Steel a new Dodge Ram body for just one season, who knows FELD do some weird things. Atleast they are paying tribute to Gary and his 30 years in the sport.

Well they went out of their way to make Man of Steel a new Dodge Ram body for just one season, who knows FELD do some weird things. Atleast they are paying tribute to Gary and his 30 years in the sport.

The Ram body wasn't made for one season, it's running again this season. And it was made as a part of a Dodge sponsorship, and the mold is owned by Tim Hall. Feld just asked Tim to use it as a part of the Dodge sponsorship through Man Of Steel. I am very appreciative of Feld recognizing Gary's 30th anniversary in the sport, but I'm underwhelmed at the effort, is all.

Am I the only one who likes the new body of Carolina Crusher? 

Nope. I like it personally. Its more of a New school Carolina Crusher, with the old school paint. The problem with old school folks is if it ain't 100% old school then automatically it sucks period. Even if it was a newer Chevy body people would still whine.

Personally. I'm just happy it isn't purple

• Upvote 1