Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

That wasn't Scott Douglass announcing. Scott was there, but he wasn't the main announcer. It was Joop Katana.

I think he was stating that he also believes Scott is annoying, but he knows it wasn't Scott. O well. Wonder what the stadiums will look like if that's what the arena are probably gonna look like

I think he was stating that he also believes Scott is annoying, but he knows it wasn't Scott. O well. Wonder what the stadiums will look like if that's what the arena are probably gonna look like

Not every arena is going to get that design. The More Monster Jam tour is running that track design all first quarter, and possibly some other arenas. But mostly, arenas will stick to the regular format. Stadium tracks always get something new or different every year, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been biting my tongue publicly about the whole Carolina Crusher deal, but I guess I'll go ahead and give my 2 cents about the situation.

For those of you on this site that know me personally, I'm an old school monster truck fan to the core; I grew up watching TNT Motorsports, USA Motorsports, the old days of the USHRA ect and I still go back and watch videos of said promoters on Youtube regularly. I've been a huge fan of Gary Porter and the Carolina Crusher for most of my life, and have seen Gary drive CC 2, 3, and 5 in person numerous times; I still remember him in CC 5 spinning a donut in the GA Dome for so long that he dug down to the concrete floor. Seeing as how that truck holds a place in my heart, I was worried about what Feld was planning on doing with the name when news first started spreading about it's return; I mean, you kinda have to after the whole purple Digger The Legend incident.

But after seeing the photoshop render, the sneak peek vid on Morgan's Instagram, and the pic Adam posted, I can honestly say that I have no issue with the new Carolina Crusher. Matter of fact, I think they did a pretty damn good job on it. The way I see it, it's a much better representation than some of the other versions I've seen since Gray sold the name; to be specific, the last time the name was run in a respectable manner was when Michael Harper drove CC 5 in the early 2000's. After that, the name slipped into obscurity and I honestly thought the name would never see the light of day again; but Feld managed to lease the name, and they've done the name justice in my opinion. As far as using the Captain America body, I just look at it as a futuristic Chevy trophy truck; and it does have a Chevy based engine, so I really don't see any glaring issue with the truck.

Now in a perfect world, would I like to have seen a true Chevy body on it? Well of course, but it looks pretty damn sick as is in my personal opinion; and I can't wait to see Gary drive it in person come February in Macon, Ga.

Oh, and Bigfoot #21 sounds freakin' amazing.

• Upvote 5