World Finals XVI Discussion

Klayton

Danny excuse my correcting 

Have you seen Pezo's run from Pontiac in 2010??? It is one the greatest runs from him since 2007. Not sure why he doesn't run as hard in Monster Jam.

Uhhh Lupe got a 28 at World Finals 11.

I know, but that was the last time Lupe had a good run at Vegas vs. multiple bad runs in a row after and didn't race in any of them

Also Pezo does have his moments but still if his team was cut down he could A: Focus more on his Predator truck and B: Actually make a truck that can compete in 2015 as a touring partner.

I believe Pezo sold two of his trucks.

Pouncer's had a good year as well. He did win arena racing this year before, why shouldn't he be in the Shootout?

Also, let me say this very clear.

NEA Police won Stadium Racing TWO TIMES IN A ROW THIS YEAR. Once in Anaheim, and again in San Diego. So, let me state this.

WHY ISN'T NEA IN THE WORLD FINALS!? That truck REALLY deserves to be in WF this year, in my opinion, whether it's John Seasock or Norm Miller. Both of them are good.

About Pouncer, sure, he won an arena racing competition this year, but guys like Saucier have won a ton more than just 1. No offense to Pezo's team, but I don't Pouncer would be able to survive Round 1 of the Young Guns. Especially if he is up against someone like Saucier.

I like how everyone is basing this solely off of how many stadium wins each driver has. That doesn't matter at all. Look at Mike Vaters Jr. Hasn't won any stadium events (minus YGS last year), and runs solely in arenas, but still puts up phenomenal performances. It's not based off of how many stadium wins you have. It's more your performance than anything else.

Hell, if you want me to get super political, these drivers/trucks are chosen more for the show aspect than an actual motorsport aspect.

I like how everyone is basing this solely off of how many stadium wins each driver has. That doesn't matter at all. Look at Mike Vaters Jr. Hasn't won any stadium events (minus YGS last year), and runs solely in arenas, but still puts up phenomenal performances. It's not based off of how many stadium wins you have. It's more your performance than anything else.

Hell, if you want me to get super political, these drivers/trucks are chosen more for the show aspect than an actual motorsport aspect.

That's another reason why Pouncer wouldn't be good for YGS. If he wins, he wouldn't be able to get close to competing with guys like Meents or any of the Andersons. I woudn't want to sit and watch whoever drives Pouncer just roll up a couple of jumps. If I sound somewhat biased, it's because I can only recall Wayne Smozanick freestyling Pouncer in 2010. I think Seasock would be an excellent contender for the World Finals, but, on a business side, little kids who follow the sport (as in having a yearbook and knowing every driver) would have no idea who Seasock is because he isn't really in any yearbooks or anything and people wouldn't know who he is if someone just got started following the sport. I would love to see Ty Cornelious in the YGS.

See the thing about people like Mikey or Alex Blackwell is that they've consistently given runs that have wow moments. Yes wins doesn't always equal the better performer, but I feel like you should be in the World Finals due to how consistently well you perform, not on how much merch your truck pushes or the company on your shirt.

(Yes yes I know "business is business")

after reading everything here I was just about to type exactly what you said. But in my own words. And you are right. It ain't about how many wins a driver has throughout the year... Its about how well they perform throughout the year.. Plus Candice deserves her spot in Vegas because of how good her performance has been.
  • Upvote 1

So what you're saying is performance in stadiums doesn't matter in getting into the world finals? Sure, past years he hasn't been consistent, but this year he finished Top 4 EVERY stadium show he was in. Performance is there this season, consistency is there this season, he deserves another invite. And no sh*t they're chosen for the show aspect that's why they're there not because of talent, like it should be. 

So what you're saying is performance in stadiums doesn't matter in getting into the world finals? Sure, past years he hasn't been consistent, but this year he finished Top 4 EVERY stadium show he was in. Performance is there this season, consistency is there this season, he deserves another invite. And no sh*t they're chosen for the show aspect that's why they're there not because of talent, like it should be. 

No one in there did I remotely say that stadium performances didn't count. I said that basing your decisions based off of the number of stadium wins they have is ridiculous. It should be based off of their overall performance in stadiums and arenas, not just how many plaques they get to take home. Being a constant winner is the icing on the cake.

• Upvote 1

We were never basing this solely off of wins. That's where your points don't make sense. No matter which way you look at it. Performance is there this year with Lupe when it hasn't in the past couple years, he deserves an invite, plain and simple. Candice, Chad, George, Nicole, so on don't perform as well as Lupe.