Show Your Projects Chapter 39

Double.D ッ

Liquidfire actually was telling me a few nights ago that he recalled Tdev saying something about terrain deformation being possible in the 4.xxxx build of ROR, not entirely sure if the people that took over it will be able to implement it but I will have to ask him again about it.

Liquidfire actually was telling me a few nights ago that he recalled Tdev saying something about terrain deformation being possible in the 4.xxxx build of ROR, not entirely sure if the people that took over it will be able to implement it but I will have to ask him again about it.

Matt was just telling me yesterday he saw that it was possible. Im not sure how it would work online, but if terrain deformation could work in these new versions, deformable cars could probably be done the same way.

• Upvote 1

1000th Post Time.

Miami 2015 Work in Progress as you can tell by the 2014 Ribbon Board. 

And SMRA Houston still somewhat a work in progress but mostly done.

Just a small update for me.

That Houston track looks stellar! I just hope that triple jump won't launch you sky high in the air straight up. Miami looks wicked too as usual!

Matt was just telling me yesterday he saw that it was possible. Im not sure how it would work online, but if terrain deformation could work in these new versions, deformable cars could probably be done the same way.

Not at all, vehicles are an entirely different being from a terrain. These two things are not linked at all.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/PavelZagrebelnyy/20130613/194247/Rendering_and_simulation_in_offroad_driving_game.php

That post gives you an Idea of how mud works in a game.

The closest thing I have gotten to making ruts/tracks in the terrain was using 2 meshes, one having a standard texture the other having a damage map so when it came in contact in the area it produced a new type of look.

• Upvote 1