Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Well other then it was pretty common knowledge who was driving Doomsday last year (Vegas basically confirmed it), has Doomsday even been listed in any of the lineups for this coming year? It is not listed on the truck portion of the site either.

Hopefully they'll add actual graphics to it next year

Also in case anyone doesn't know that's Colt Stephens (son of OG King Krunch driver Scott Stephens), and there's a lot that supports he drove Doomsday:

He debuted in Australia 2014 then was "off" then came back for the YGS in New Earth Authority (Doomsday's partner truck) and smoked the field sans Coty. I highly doubt someone who only ran a few stadiums and then had a 5 month hiatus would've done so well

Edited by Charlie H.

So GD30 will be driven by Dennis as usual, and he will be getting a new seat for it. Cole Venard's truck is #31 and is very similar to GD25 and #30. Adam's truck is GD32, which isn't even a new chassis, just his GDTL chassis painted green. So It looks like Morgan will either get a new truck, use his Max-D CRD chassis or just borrow GD25 which I highly doubt because GD25 is getting retired very soon I suspect.

I honestly dont see why they would retire Porters/Colton's chassis. That chassis is what 4 years old? Porter ran hard but never destroyed the truck or did huge damage to it, to my understanding atleast.. And Colton ran it harder and definitely put it through its pass but was on the arena tour and did what, 4 stadiums? I would think that chassis would be good for another couple years atleast. I would bet Morgan and Colton are just gonna swap chassis's..

So GD30 will be driven by Dennis as usual, and he will be getting a new seat for it. Cole Venard's truck is #31 and is very similar to GD25 and #30. Adam's truck is GD32, which isn't even a new chassis, just his GDTL chassis painted green. So It looks like Morgan will either get a new truck, use his Max-D CRD chassis or just borrow GD25 which I highly doubt because GD25 is getting retired very soon I suspect.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

So Identity Theft will be replaced with.... Faux Hawk Warrior...

CAN'T WAIT FOR 2017 FOR EL PEREZOSO LOCO BECAUSE WHY THE love NOT!

Also once again the Monster X Tour shows even anywhere close to me (Augusta and Asheville) are on the same weekends as Atlanta and... yeah it's less of a drive for ATL... If they did a summer show closer by I'd hit it up but alas.

Some other info:

Straight Up Racing have new drivers... again.... at this point I've stopped bothering keeping up they always change so fast.

Lumberjack will be driven by Tom Durkee

Stevie Snellen and Mike Miller will return in River Rat and Hotsy respectively 

New truck from Quick's team called "Girl Power" which I'm betting is the rebought Pony Express which ran for... five shows... then went back to the Quicks

Edited by Charlie H.